Lord, if it be your Will
Apostle Tracey Robinson, All Rights Reserved 2022
- We like to think and believe that the Will of God permits everything and anything because we say so and we want it.
- We like to think and believe that if it is “feeling” good to us or it will be good for us we tend to think that it is the Will of God also, and God agrees.
- We tend to think that “We are good and everything that is good comes from the Lord”, so whatever I say I need, want, or desire whether it is legal or illegal; righteous or unrighteous; true or untrue it will be accepted by God because His Will is for me and my comfort.
- We tend to think that a person’s lost is your gain and the Lord is blessing you like that.
- Well then in these cases if it be God’s Will we should not be performing it or laying our hands to it, God should do it.
St Matthew 6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
- What does it mean when we pray and say to God, “thy Will be done?”
- Praying in this manner gives God the reigns to your heart to do as He best sees fit
- Giving God the reign over our life takes off all the limits and control of our Will to control our life.
- We denounce all power and authority over ourselves!
- We are no longer lord over our lives and you have permitted the Will of God to dethrone you.
- Praying in this manner gives God complete authority and power over our Will to bring His heavenly purpose for me as well for the earth in earth.
- What is the Will of God?
- The Will of God is summed up in His law for us to love one another as we love ourselves.
Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
- Love takes preeminence over all things as a believer in Christ.
- God’s Will and Way is His Word, which is God.
- God’s Will will never be your Will except you are totally surrendered to His Will, then it becomes His Will.
- The Will of God is to extend His Heavenly Kingdom here on earth from Heaven, and to have His family, His children to rule the earth for Him so as it is in Heaven, so He created Himself in man.
- God’s Will is the advancement of His Kingdom, Daniel 2:44; His glorification; and the salvation and sanctification of His children through His Son Jesus Christ
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
- God’s Will is His Order and His Presence in you and your life.
- God’s Will is God’s desires and they must line up in you.
Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart.
- Delight yourself means to please the Lord greatly; give Him great pleasure.
- Remember He created us for His pleasure!
- Is knowing the Will of God the same as the Will of God for my life?
- The Will of God is not a separate plan for the life of man from His Will for His Kingdom in earth, they are the same, but must be done in the Will of God.
- Yes, the Will of God carries the goal and intent for the destiny and future of man to envision his purpose in God’s purpose and to commit himself to achieve it.
- Life’s uncertainty is in the many plans of man’s heart but it is the Lord’s purpose that will stand (Proverbs 19:21)
13 Go to now, ye that say, Today or tomorrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:
14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord Will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
16 But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.
St Matthew 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
- STOP thinking that your lukewarm, unsaved family members are your focus and aim.
- Only the Spirit of God can teach us all individually and corporately how to do the Will of God for His pleasure and the good of all mankind.
- God is not selfish but He will be first!
10 Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.
11 Quicken me, O Lord, for thy name’s sake: for thy righteousness’ sake bring my soul out of trouble.
- Make me alive in you and your Will to do in earth.
- Let my soul live and it shall praise thee!
- Restore the new life that you have given me in Salvation through your Son Jesus.
- Jesus in His agony He submitted Himself to the Will of God for all mankind.
St Matthew 26:42 He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.
- What does it mean to say “thy Will be done?”
- Jesus’ example of “thy Will be done” means to resist your Will, submit your Will to God for His purpose in you to be accomplished and completed to perfection in earth for His Namesake (having the same name as Jesus with the Father in control).
- It will exemplify the pleasure of the Father’s Will that you have accepted to go on through the pain and suffering of your cross just as Jesus did.
- It takes faith to be in the Will of God because that is where faith dwells in His Will.
- God only functions by a substance called faith!
- He gave man the same ability after their likeness.
- Dominion of and over this world was given back to Christ Jesus, so everything the devil took from man has been retrieved and restored back by Christ.
Hebrews 2:3-4 3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard Him; 4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to His own Will?
- Knowing the Will of God as a leader, new convert, Saint, etc. in you will tell you what God has called to do, how, and where you fit in the Body of Christ to perfect the Saints, for the work of the ministry, and for the edifying of the Body for the work of the ministry in the earth.
- Knowing the Will of God in you will enable you to know the message you’ve been called by Him to speak for Him in the earth.
- It is God’s Will that you obey Him, keep His commands, praise and worship Him in Spirit and in Truth, but we don’t.
- It is God’s Will that we all come into the unity of faith and the knowledge of the Son of God to you becoming a perfect man in Christ Jesus, but we won’t.
- It is God’s Will for us to seek Him and His righteousness, but we don’t.
- It is God’s Will that we prosper and be in good health as our soul in Him prospers, but we won’t.
- Milk makes you irresponsible
- Milk is when you don’t want to change.
- Meat is when you want to take on the responsibility and be held accountable for your behavior, conduct, and mannerism in and during your transforming process.
- Immature means you are not fully developed in the Word and Will of God.
- Being immature in the Word of God has nothing to do with how long you been saved or how much Word you’ve memorized.
- Maturity comes with how much of the Word you believe, trust, obey willingly, keep, and apply it to you and your life.
- Immature believers like an immature word, with a story, and a few jokes.
- We stay immature because we put our trust in man, believe him, and lose focus in the Will of God for us.
Proverbs 3:5-6 5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.
- His Word is His Will for you and me.
- Your Will was given to you freely by God, but it is dangerous to you when you reject Christ as your choice.
- Don’t think that you are your own man and woman because you’re not, it is either you serve God or the devil.