Apostle Tracey Robinson
• Your Will is your faculty to use in learning how to choose righteously.
• We say righteously because we already know how to choose unrighteous since we are born in sin, with flesh and its nature of sin.
• Let’s confer about your Will for a moment. Let us discuss and exchange knowledge and thoughts about your Will.
• In terms of power and its abilities there is nothing on earth as powerful as the “human Will” of man.
• The Will of man is so powerful that God Himself does not control it and He gave us the power of Will.
• Will defined as the faculty by which a person decides on and initiates action; a deliberate or fixed desire or intention; control deliberately exerted to do something or to restrain one’s own impulses; make or try to make someone do something or something happen by the exercise of mental powers; intend, desire, or wish something to happen.
• We can see from Webster and them definition that the Will of man in its natural sense can do great good or bad.
• Your Will decides for you, it initiates what you choose; it is deliberate or fixed on its desires, motives, and intentions; it controls; it can restrain its own impulses; it can exercise its mental abilities such as mental strength and mental health.
• Mental strength is the ability to cope with negative emotions in a healthy way; understanding your emotions; and knowing when to and when not to engage with your emotions.
• Mental health is the presence or absence of a mental health issue, your overall state of your mental wellness.
• Building mental strength may improve your mental health: cognitive, emotional, and behavior strengths.
• These are the things that make your Will so powerful!
• God does not control the Will of man because the very nature of Will implies “self-control” and God gave us the power of Will.
• Your Will controls your destiny. And your Will is yours!
• If used righteously, your Will is God’s agency for His Kingdom administration in earth.
• When God originally established His Kingdom on earth where He had put man to be His administration through the Will of man.
Genesis 2:8 And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden: and there He put the man whom he had formed.
• Garden here in Hebrew means “Order”.
• Eden here means “spot; presence; open door; delightful spot”.
• The Will of man is most dangerous when it is out of the Will of God and His righteousness.
• God’s intent for the Will of man was to use it to fulfill His Will on earth.
• The only problem with the Will is that it gives us the power to choose, even against God, the one who gave us the Will.
• Your Will lives in your heart. Your heart is the seat of control for your life.
• This is why Jesus said that out the heart flows the issues of life.
St Luke 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
• Your heart is the center of your life.
• Whoever or whatever controls your heart controls your life (life meaning soul).
• This is that control that others love to possess over another. This is their Will!
Proverbs 23:7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.
Proverbs 15:28 The heart of the righteous studieth to answer: but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things.
Proverbs 4:23 Guard (keep) your heart with all diligence; for from it flows springs of life (out of it are the issues of life).
How do I choose God and His righteousness?
- Realize you will never be good enough or the time will never be right for you to choose Christ Jesus as your Lord and Savior of and over your life (that is soul).
- Salvation is nothing to think that you may need, you must know through awareness that you need God and His righteousness through His Son Jesus, then you will repent.
- Awareness means knowledge or perception of a situation or fact, concern about and well-informed interest in a particular situation or development.
- After hearing the Word of God, you become aware of the fact that the Word is a knowledge of God that exists, but you lack understanding of His existence in your life. So, you began to seek and search for the Lord and answers.
- Your Will gives you the mental strength and drive to go in search of this God that you now have realized that you need in your life.
- To seek the Lord means to turn to Him with a desire to know Him in relationship, and to come into His presence for all your spiritual fulfillment and strength.
- We seek the Lord by faith through prayer and confession. Romans 10:9-10 (Read).
- Isaiah 55:6 Seek ye the Lord while He may be found, call ye upon Him while He is near:
- James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
Why do I struggle so after I’ve confessed Jesus and believed in the Word of God?
• The struggle is there because of the issues of your heart that remain, and you won’t surrender all your heart to the Spirit of God for Him to replace it with a new heart and a new spirit, that is of His righteousness, Ezekiel 36:26-27.
• The power is in you through your Will to choose God or Satan, St Matthew 6:24.
• God has given us all the power we need to come back, return to Him when He calls or when we have been made aware that we need Him in our lives while living on earth.
• That power is through your Will’s choice!
• The Will is not exercised through the feelings, but it is guided and lead by your 5-senses through the influence of the flesh and its sinful nature in the knowledge of good and evil.
• Your Will is apart of the mind and emotions of your soul, with the mind being defined as the heart.
• The devil knows that your choice is the key to his battle with God over your soul.
• The devil is not concerned about your body because it is made from dirt.
• The devil is not after your spirit because it is filled with the one that gave you breath.
• Your soul is the mediator between your body and spirit.
• Your soul dictates what your spirit receives.
• Can you see now why it is better to have spiritual discernment in order to minister, preach, and teach to the soul in Spirit and in Truth? Even to prophecy to a soul and not to his body’s natural need.
• Choose by faith and not by sight and feelings!
• Hearing, seeing, feeling, tasting, and touching all come from your senses. Your body is influenced by the flesh and its sinful nature and whatever the 5-senses dictate goes to the soul (mind, Will, and emotions); soul will take what it gets and deposit it into your spirit. This is what will determine the outcome of your daily routine walk whether in Christ or in Satan’s bondage.
• Regulate what your soul is picking up from the senses and their influences from the flesh and its sinful nature.
• Your flesh must die! Crucify the flesh in order to allow the Spirit, soul, and body to reign as one in Christ Jesus.
Wednesday, February 22, 2023