Reverential Fear & Respect
Apostle Tracey Robinson. 2021 All Rights Reserved
- Reverential fear and respect is a command from God to have for God.
- He has commanded reverential fear and respect for His sanctuary, for Christ, and for men of God.
- Here are the two reasons that I believe to be the reasons for the shallowness of mankind, his love and respect for God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit:
- We don’t believe that God is who He says He is.
- Our soul has not been awakened to hear the Gospel
- God is a Spirit. He is a supernatural being that owns and rules everything.
- He has prepared His throne in the heavens, and His Kingdom rules over all. Psalm 103:19
- Who is this God that needs, desires, and commands to have reverential fear and respect from man?
5 I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou has not known me:
6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else.
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
- When the soul of man is awakened the Spirit of God is conceived of as the Supreme Being, Creator, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and is the principal object of faith.
- The Spirit of God has to be conceived personally in the spirit of man by faith.
- The knowledge of the Godhead is given to each of us individually and personally according to the hunger and thirst for the Kingdom and His righteousness.
- Revelation is what God determines and Wills to tell us, to allow us to know Him.
- Unless the Spirit of God allows us to understand something all we have is information.
- Information is not truth! Revelation is truth!
- Revelation only comes from God.
Ephesians 1:17-23 Read from the book
- God Himself has to give us revelation about what He knows.
- Revelation is always a result of faith, meaning faith precedes revelation.
- Faith comes before revelation.
- The unbeliever uses scientific assumptions and operates in them by saying “I’ll believe it when I see it”. And we all used to think like this and some of us still think like this.
- Revelation comes from believing, then seeing.
- Revelation is a result of faith and faith believes before you see it.
- The understanding of the Godhead does not come because you understand it, but you understand it after you believe it.
- STOP telling man that they have the Holy Spirit in them once they “receive” Salvation or confess it because they don’t!!
- God’s spirit no longer dwelled in man when man sinned and rebelled against Him.
Genesis 6:3 And the Lord said, My Spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh; yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
- So the Spirit of God departed from man in the beginning with Adam and Eve because of their sin and rebellion against God, His Spirit was withdrawn from them (mankind).
- David said in Psalm 51:11 as he prayed for remission of his sins and for sanctification asking God to not cast him away from His presence and not to take away His Holy Spirit from him.
- Sin separates us from God! Sin removes the presence of God from our lives!
- Sin in word, deed, action, or thought without daily repentance will separate us from the Lord God and remove His presence from us.
Psalm 33:8 Let all the earth fear the Lord: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him. This is reverence!
Psalm 89:7 God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints and to be had in reverence of all them that are about Him.
Psalm 111:9-10 9 He sent redemption unto His people; He hath commanded His covenant forever: holy and reverend is His name. 10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do His commandments: His praise endureth forever. This is Godly reverence and fear of God!
Habakkuk 2:20 But the Lord is in His holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before Him.
Zephaniah 1:7 KJV Amplified Hush! Be silent before the Lord God, for the day of the vengeance of the Lord is near; for the Lord has prepared a sacrifice, and He has set apart for His use those who have accepted His invitation.
St Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
- Reverence is deep respect for someone or something.
- Reverential fear is to stand in awe of, of fear, or be afraid of; caution, reverence, apprehension but holy fear; to beware and act with reverence produced by holy fear.
Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
- Fleshly fear is a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc. whether the threat is real or imagined; to be afraid of something; to feel apprehensive and uneasy.
- Respect is a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
- But for God all His creations especially of man.
Reverence for the sanctuary
Leviticus 19:30 Ye shall keep my Sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the Lord.
St John2:16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father’s house an house of merchandise.
- Tradition and religion with its knowledge of good and evil does not reverence the House of God, yet they will still buy and sell from the and in the sanctuary.
Reverence for Christ
- Reverence for Christ is to reverence and respect for the Word of God by not altering it, changing it, or compromising it because the Word of God is sacred.
- Christ is reverenced as the Divine Source in healing and deliverance.
- When the sick, lame, halt, diseased, etc. came to seek Christ for healing and deliverance He did not have to pray, fast, and think about whether He would do. He just did it!
Deuteronomy 4:2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.
12:32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it; thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.
- We must be watchful to do the Word of God.
We must never take the Word of God and make it less that what God has meant for it to be and mean.
Reverence of God for the men (male and female) of God
Philippians 2:29 Receive him therefore in the Lord with all gladness, and hold such in reputation:
1 Thessalonians 5:12-13
12 And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;
13 And to esteem them very highly in love for their work’s sake. And be at peace among yourselves.
- Reverence toward the Spirit of Christ in one another for God Himself has no respect of a person.
- We are not all in the same place in Christ!