Have you been spiritually adopted yet? Who adopted you?
Who possess your adoption papers?
Apostle Tracey Robinson 2022 All Rights Reserved
• On last Wednesday in Bible Study we taught that you must be able to cast the shadow of the model Jesus as you are being transformed into the new creature drawn to the Father through His Son Jesus.
• Let your light so shine! So that men will see your good works and glorify the Father.
• We often tell you that you must become a Son of God portrayed and perfected by the Spirit of God, His Image, after their likeness, and walking in dominion as a Kingdom citizen again.
• You must become a new creature being transformed into a Son walking now by the senses of the new heart replaced by the Spirit of God in the knowledge of good and truth, and no longer the old heart, its nature, utilizing the 5-senses of the flesh through the knowledge of good and evil.
• All believers must be spiritually adopted by the Father through His Son Jesus! (St John 6:44) No man comes to Jesus except the Father draws Him.
• This is that spiritual attraction that comes from God and is a MUST in order to come to Jesus.
• Salvation is free to all, but is not a choice made by self.
• Choice comes and begins when you hear the Word of God.
• Spiritual adoption is the admission of a believer into the family of God in the order of Salvation to become children of God through the provision of Grace.
• We know adoption in the natural is the action of legally taking another’s child and bringing it up as one’s own; a person(s) assumes the parenting of another.
Romans 8:14-16 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
• The spirit of bondage is your Will and your way being governed by the world, the flesh, and the devil according to the knowledge of good and evil.
• Being reborn again as a new creature in Christ is the process of a spiritual adoption taking place in every believer.
• In Romans 8:15 believers are said to have received “the Spirit of adoption”, that is the Holy Spirit who, given as the First fruits of all that is to be theirs, produces in them the realization of sonship and the attitude that belongs to being sons.
1 Corinthians 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the first fruits of them that slept.
• Christ Jesus became the first fruit to all who have fallen asleep through the (sin) fall of Adam.
• We were once asleep until we heard the Word of God and received the Spirit of God (the Holy Spirit) into our soul and spirit becoming sons of God.
• God gave His only begotten Son, raised Him from the dead for us, and in this same manner we must sacrifice our whole self for Him.
Galatians 4:5-6 5 To redeem them that was under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. 6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
• Adoption is spoken of as belonging to Israel, in accordance with the statement in Exodus 4:22-23 “Israel is My son”.
22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the Lord, Israel is my son, even my first-born: 23 And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve Me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy first born.
• Israel was brought into a special relationship with God, a collective relationship, not enjoyed by other nations.
• In this relationship God was pleased to establish it between Himself and the Israelites in preference to all other nations
Romans 9:4-5 4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; 5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen.
Ephesians 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His Will,
• Predestined is the Will of God by which things He determined before us for us are brought to pass.
• We were predestined to be adopted as a child by Christ Jesus.
• Yet while we were in sin Christ died for us and we were already predestined in our generation to become a child of God. (Romans 5:8-9)
• We are the demonstration of God’s love predestined and brought into being in such a time as now.
• We were justified by Christ’s blood that we shall be saved from our sin and its penalties (wrath) through Him.
• The Holy Spirit adopts us as sons of God.
• Adoption (HUIOTHESIA) from “huios”, a son, and “thesis”, a placing; to place signifies the place and condition of a son given to one to whom it does not naturally belong.
• Adoption here is not so much a word of relationship as is of position. We hold the position of a Son. Our relationship to God as a believer is as a child that results from our new birth.
• Who is the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit is the 3rd Person of the Holy Trinity: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. He is personal and fully God. He comes to seal the believer.
• The Holy Ghost is the Spirit of Jesus.
• The Holy Spirit is said by Jesus as “another” Comforter given when Jesus prays to the Father and He will give it to you, even the Spirit of Truth. (St John 14:16-17)
• A believer’s inheritance is God guarantee to the believers who believe the Gospel.
• When a person admits their sin, ask God for forgiveness, and accepts forgiveness through the saving work of Christ Jesus, God “commissions” His Holy Spirit to enter into the life of the believer and make them secure forever.
• The believer accepts Christ Jesus as Lord and Savior and receives the Holy Spirit as a gift.
• Now if the Holy Spirit does not comfort us, teach us, guide us, direct our paths, plans, and directions; change us to become Christ like, equip us with power to access the Will of God, gives us glimpses of God’s Will to work together with God and His purposes, liberates us from our past and present so we can live free from sin and its imprisonments; unifies us to embrace the unity in Christ in each other; prays for us; sends us and we become His witness; etc. then you MUST check your holy spirit and its governing authority you have given him. This is a powerful note!
• God recognizes the mark of His Spirit while others see the outward working of His Spirit as it changes the person.
• God will send His Holy Spirit as a preserving seal to lock in our faith, as an authenticating seal to validate our sonship and also our protection to keep out destruction from our soul.
• So when you believed, you were marked in Him with His Seal, the promise of the Holy Spirit, who is a deposit that guarantees our inheritance until the day of redemption to those who are of God’s possession.
Ephesians 1:13-14 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation in whom also, after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of His glory.
St John 1:12-13 12 But as many as received Him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name. 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the Will of the flesh, nor of the Will of man, but of God.
• What does it mean “to them that believe on His name”?
St John 7:38 He that believeth on Me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
• No one can enter into the Kingdom of God unless they are born of the water and the Spirit. (St John 3:5)
• Believers’ must be born of the water and of the Spirit of God. This is regeneration! Regenerate means reformed or reborn, especially in a spiritual and moral sense.
1 John 3:9-10 9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in Him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
• Being in the family of God is a spiritual relationship.
• Obedience is a key to the Kingdom and its benefits. This only comes by following the Word of God according to the scriptures! St Matthew 12:50 For whosoever shall do the Will of My Father which is in Heaven, the same is My brother, and sister, and mother.
• Being in the family of God entitles believers to God’s heirship and joint-heirs with Christ (Romans 8:17).
• Being in the family of God makes you a citizen with all the Saints and the Household of God. Ephesians 2:19-20 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the Saints, and of the Household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the Apostles and Prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the Chief Cornerstone;
• NOT tradition and religion; rituals and ceremonies; not a form of godliness that denies the actual power of God; not your own personal belief; etc.
• Being in the family of God unites the whole family of Saints already in eternal Heaven and still in the earth. Ephesians 3:15-16 15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 That He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might by His Spirit in the inner man.
• This is an inward process for the soul and spirit of Man, the flesh will never profit anything, but its crucifixion and death nailed to your Cross.
Wednesday, May 18, 2022