Ezekiel 22:30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before Me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.
To stand in the gap before God for…
• In front of someone or something that is opposed to the Will of God in your life, even when it’s in your heart.
• In advance of the time when all is well, and nothing is going on and it appears that all is well.
• During the period of time preceding (a particular event or time), that is the separation of a loved one from your way of life while living or from your way of life in death.
• In front of, God is in front of you standing no matter what. Why, because He already knows what’s up ahead, around the corners, in the next hour, in the next day, week, months, or years.
• In preference to
• With a higher priority than your God will stand.
• The Word of God teaches us to stand when we’ve put on our spiritual armor to resist the temptations of our enemies of the world, the flesh, and the devil.
• Being steadfast in Spirit and in Truth before God will confuse your enemies’ tactics against you.
• Religion in its traditions will keep God from standing in every gap of your life.
• Religion was invented by sin and is a product of the fall of man and his separation from his Creator God.
• Religion was created by man in Genesis 4 when the first human activity of building an altar was created by Cain and Abel.
• When Adam and Eve were in the Garden, that is in the Order of God and there was no record of them singing, praying, fasting, praising and worshipping God; preaching, teaching, ministering, and prophesying; no prayer meetings; etc., because Adam was one in mind, heart, soul, one Will, one emotion, and spirit with God.
• Adam was one in God and with God.
• Everything that God had created up to their point He called it good.
• God has Divine Providence and Divine Care over all.
• God stood in the gap for His creation the spirit Man in their creativity, relationship, and fellowship.
• In Genesis 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins and clothed them because of their nakedness due to sin.
• God stood in the gap for Adam and Eve to save them from the penalty of death. He covered their sin by accepting the substitution of an innocent animal keeping “death” from becoming active to kill them for their sin. The blood of an innocent animal became their substitute!
• Does that remind you of the substitute for the souls of all mankind?
• God is still standing in the gap when He provided the innocent blood of His Son Jesus to keep from killing and destroying all that He created and had called good.
• Religion was not God’s original plan for Man, but it has become God’s contingency plan to get the spirit Man back to and into His perfect Will He set up in Genesis 1 and 2.
• In every gap of Man’s life in Christ God has a plan that will bring him back to His perfect Will and purpose which is unfailing.
Romans 8:29-30 29 For whom He did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He did predestinate, then He also called: and whom He called, them He also justified: and whom He justified, them He also glorified.
• God’s foreknowledge of us is already in His plan through Jesus that we through Jesus will become sons of God.
• God knew everyone of us before we became a substance in our mother’s womb. In other words, none of us are a mystery to God.
• We spend so much time fighting natural things and calling it a spiritual thing.
• We are so materialistic till we have forgotten about eternity and its eternal things, which are spiritual.
• We won’t fight for holiness, but we will fight to live in a culture that is permissive to all unrighteousness and says it feels right but fail to know that sin cost.
• Fear and panic have already begun to grip the saints.
• We talk about living and surviving in the end times as we depend upon prophesies that only give blessings and no instructions, guidance, or corrections from the Spirit of God on how to endure in these times of perils that are taking place now.
• But we want God’s protection according to our way and not His!
• If we are to win and succeed in victory the Lord is the One to fight the battle.
2 Chronicles 20:15 says to be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude (your test, trials, tribulations, temptations, etc.); for the battle is not yours, but God’s.
17 Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the Lord with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them: for the Lord will be with you.
• Whatever we are facing to go through the Spirit of God need you to go, be there, and stand. He needs your body as His Temple to transport Him to His place of victory in you.
• Your circumstances, situations, and issues must be confronted by the Spirit of God that dwells in you, you serve, and that you are believing in.
• If you want God to stand in the gaps of your life, fight to STAND His Way! Fight for His righteousness! Fight for His Holiness in you on this earth!
• Jesus Christ keeps on interceding for you and I to get it the way the Father calls right, not our righteous.
• Jesus Christ is our Mediator. He paid the price we could not pay so that we could freely return to our Father and live as our authentic self, spirit beings encased in a body, as it was in the beginning.
• We are a product of God, made to function the way God made us to function, but when we don’t function the way, He made us then we malfunction.
• When we as a product of God malfunction then we will destroy ourselves.
• When Man sinned, he began to malfunction “by working against his own nature”.
• God found no one in Ezekiel’s day.
• But God did find a man to stand in our gap. His name is Jesus. He is the wall of strength, stability, and security for all of God’s people in this day and the days to come.
• Jesus is the prayer warrior in you.
• Jesus is the intercessor in you.
• Jesus is the propitiation (the atonement for Man) and mediator between God and man. 2 Timothy 2:5-6
• Hebrews 7:25 says He is able also to save them in the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them.
• If we sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous, 1 John 2:1, but He must be in you, dwelling in you, possessing you, controlling you, and influencing your every being for God to stand in the gap for you.
• Who is it that or what is it that condemns you when it is Christ that has died for us, risen from the dead, who now is seated at the right hand of the Father God, who makes intercession for us, Romans 8:34.
• Your past has no power over you that your Will in Christ cannot overthrow!
Colossians 1:26-27 the mystery of the new creature in you coming alive.
26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to His saints:
27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you; the hope of glory:
• This is and must be the indwelling Christ in you!
Sunday, December 18, 2022