13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand, therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breast plate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel.
KJV Amplified verse 19 reads, And [pray] also for me, that [freedom of] utterance may be given me, that I may open my mouth to proclaim boldly the mystery of the good news (the Gospel).
- The devil didn’t know what Jesus was coming with.
- But as for the believers the devil knows your every move, because he is acquainted with your habits and practices in your flesh.
- This is what the Word of God comes to do: to crucify and mortify the deeds of the flesh. But this is a choice of your Will to permit it to do so!
- In times like these, we as Sons of God should portray the exact same image as Jesus Christ did as a Son of God, so the Will of your flesh will be caught off guard and will have to surrender.
- In times like these, we as Sons of God should be a light for the world to be drawn into righteousness and not the other way around.
- Faith is belief in things hoped for in the Lord God.
- Faith is a substance that requires hope and belief to be evident!
- Faith is what moves God to create that which pleases Him.
Proverbs 13:12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.
Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
- Faith needs the Word of God to operate and function in
- Faith will not “override” the Word of God nor with it “compromise” the Word of God.
- We are fighting everything, but the good fight of faith. This is the only real fight for the believers! Every other fight is a fight of insecurity with a false hope.
1Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, where unto thou art called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
- This scripture is to let you know that the Word of God will process you to transform you!
- What is the good fight of faith? The good fight of faith is the faith to stand on and in the Word of God, no matter what.
- Faith challenges the Will of your flesh; its carnality; its habits, ways, and practices to defeat its way.
- Believers are known to be incomplete to the point of never completing what they start. We love to start this and stop that, especially if no one is showing an interest through pride, jealousy, or competitiveness toward what you are starting and stopping. Then they will quit!
- In prayer and praise you must first exalt God by telling Him how great He is to you and toward your issues, situations, and circumstances. You must tell Him how worthy He is and without Him you are nothing. Speak highly of Him in word, deed, action, and thought when approaching Him in secret, so He will then bring you into His presence.
- Prayer is a way to communicate with the Spirit of God in secret. It is a one-on-one procedure.
- St Matthew 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
- Let the Lord reward you openly in His time! Don’t run to Facebook talking about “you just had to share what God had said to you in prayer”. Give God the opportunity to reward you openly so it will bless those that can see His Will and give Him thanks for doing it for you with an appreciation that says if He did for you I know He will do it for me.
- Prayer is a weapon too, but when you’ve prayed, and God has heard you there is nothing else to pray about, but to wait on Him to do what you asked of Him. In other words, wait!
- Prayer is to be prayed in the Will of God for you, and anything else opposite of that is amiss or repetitious. There is victory in prayer!
- The best prayer is to find out what is going on in Heaven, then pray that prayer for it to manifest in the earth. This then will be the Will of God, so as it is earth as it is in Heaven. This is the Lord’s Prayer, St Matthew 6:9-13.
- The Father knows what we have need of before we ask Him.
- We are praying about everything, wrong things, and inappropriate things instead of praying in faith to get God’s ear to His Heart for you.
- Too many wars, with no victory!
- The devil in your flesh wants you to think that your promises are delayed and denied; and once you accept that you have lost the victory.
- Satan’s job in your flesh is to “distract” you from the true fight that is to get rid of self to allow the Word of God to mold and shape you into who God has desire for you to be.
- But when we allow the distractions to distract us from the true fight, then all we have to believe in is the status and outcome of our jobs, our schooling, our education, our health, our homes, our cars, wealth, etc. Keeping tabs on these things are distractions that puts you in a place that allows the spirit of idolatry to possess you.
- Praise is a weapon!
- Praise is a powerful weapon in deliverance and spiritual warfare!
- Is it your weapon? Can you praise God in and through all your tests, trials, tribulations, sufferings, and sacrifices?
- 2 Chronicles 20:20-22
20 And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the Lord your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.
21 And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the Lord, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the Lord; for his mercy endureth forever.
22 And when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.
- Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! Psalm 107:31
- Praise is not a feeling!
- Your Soul must praise the Lord God! Psalm 119:175 Let my soul live, and it shall praise thee: and let thy judgments help me.
- When praising God, you must exalt Him first? Exalt means to hold Him in high regards; think on Him and speak of Him highly.
- Praise in Spirit and in Truth will bring you into the very presence of the Spirit of God.
- Praise will move God to do that which you have need of, as well as that you desire according to His Will.
- Praise is not a method designed by tradition and religion, with a purpose and intent to stroke God to get Him to do for you what is not His Will for you.
- You’re praising God when you describe God in praise! Your praise should display His wonderfulness; His goodness; His awesomeness.
- Worship is the acknowledgement of God as Creator, Soul Source, Sustainer, and Owner of all things, with the expression of honor, gratitude, appreciation, thanksgiving, reverence, respect, and humility as a response to this knowledge of Him.
- Worship is not an act to perform! It is not a way to impress God to get Him to do! It is an awareness that we must come to because we understand that He is who He is. He is God!
- Worship is a place in our Soul that we can express His ownership to Him because He created us and we are thankful and grateful; and that He will sustains us and the things that we do according to the Word.
- This is how humility, obedience, gratitude, appreciation, thanksgiving, and reverence with respect come so naturally to the Soul and Spirit because we are made up of these very things of Him. He is God!
- Worship is to attribute to God (ascribe to Him) that everything belongs to Him, i.e. the universe He created; the mountains; the clouds; the stars; the moon; the firmament that separate the Heavens from the earth; everything belongs to Him.
- Worship is to acknowledge God’s all power, His sovereignty; His power and ownership of everything; and His love for everything; and His love for me/you by allowing us to be, do, and use that which He has created.
- What impresses God? When we give Him our all with knowledge of knowing that I am now “dependent” on Him and His supply?
- When we say give our all? We are referring to “total surrendered” to God and His claim toward us. This includes gifts, time, and talents, to include your money.
- When we give to God for what is needed to further the Gospel of Christ Jesus, this tells God that I am no longer operating in ownership.
- When we give what we can spare or what we can afford means I still own what’s left and I really don’t trust God enough as being my Soul’s Source for all my resources.
- Worship is the place where you come and know that God is the King! He is the King that rules, creates, dominates His creations, regulates and controls; He gives and takes away; and He has complete control over His Domain. He is God all by Himself! And this is to remind us that we own nothing, and He owns everything.
- Worship is when every Soul does what is written in Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good or whether it be evil.