Carnal Minded with Carnal Faith
Apostle Tracey Robinson, All Rights Reserved 2021
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
- After means behind
- “Do mind” the things of the flesh means you are controlled by the flesh unholy desires and your mind is set on and will pursue those things which gratify your flesh.
- Gratify means to give pleasure or satisfaction to someone; to indulge or satisfy a desire.
- How do I change this? Learn and accept being controlled by the Spirit and His desires, set your minds on Him and seek those things which gratify Him the Holy Spirit, that is.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
- Carnal means flesh having the nature of flesh, sensual, controlled by animal appetites, governed by human nature, instead of the Spirit of God; not spiritual worldly
- To be carnally minded is death and its payments for its work are the wages of sin which is death, now and hereafter.
- Here God and the devil agree! Satan awaits your choice to sin against God so God can give you your wages which is death.
- What is does it mean to carnal minded? You have set your mind and its affections on the things of the world, the flesh, and the devil to live after the things that animals live for essentially.
- The mind of the flesh is the senses and human reasoning and their uses without the Holy Spirit.
- The mind of the Holy Spirit is life (your soul’s new life) and peace both now and forever after.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Enmity means irreconcilable differences that can never be made compatible or agreeable; hostile enemy to God.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
- Believers please STOP watching people and desiring to be like them and get from God what they have.
- Their faith is carnal!
- They are portraying an illusion that they say “God is blessing me”.
- STOP desiring to preach, teach, prophesy, and walk like others that say they are displaying the blessings of the Lord.
- Leaders and others will not tell you the truth that you are in the flesh, but the Word of God will.
- Leaders and others will rather deceive you, raise you up in and put you positions that you are not called, prepared or ready to be in all because they want you to follow them, in hopes that you will eventually get in position.
- Trying means to make an attempt or an effort to do something.
- Trying is a poor word for your spirituality!
- Trying only caters to the flesh and its nature because you are doing it, not the Spirit of God.
- Submission and commit are the correct words for your spirituality to be made known and manifested in you in the earth.
- When we don’t submit and commit to God and His way, God has no pleasure in your trying, because He does not try!
- When catering to the appetites and impulses of your carnal nature (the flesh) at any time you are not pleasing God, nor at any time is He blessing you.
- Are your blessings really an illusion from the enemy of your soul?
- Illusion is a deceptive appearance or impression of what you need or desire; a false idea or belief; a thing that is or is likely to be wrongly perceived or interpreted by your senses.
Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
- Illusions allure you to sin!
- Carnal faith is faith that is designed to serve the carnal nature, its senses, its appetites, pleasures, habits, and practices based upon what it sees and feels.
- Carnal believers (Christians) are believers that may have accepted the gift of Salvation, but not the sanctifying work and power of the Holy Spirit through the transforming power of the inner man (Soul).
- The soul and spirit of a carnal believer has not been awakened by the heard word of God and having no response to the work and blessings of the Spirit of God.
- The carnal believer may know a lot of the Word of God in head knowledge, but not in a heart knowledge that will bring them into a personal relationship as their Lord and Savior.
- God knows that a surrendered heart, mind, soul, and spirit given to Him hold the power to forsake earthly pleasures and live a life for Him that He has planned in the earth to give Him pleasure.
- A carnal believer is not willing to present their body as a living sacrifice that is pleasing and acceptable to the Father God. (Romans 12:2).
- The degree of submission to God’s work in a person’s life is indicated by the degree to which they live in “satisfying the cravings of their sinful nature” (Ephesians 2:3, 1 John 2:16, Galatians 5:19-20, Romans 1:21-28).
- A carnal believer loves the world and the things in it; a carnal believer lives in the lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes, and the boasting pride of life which is of the world, the flesh, and the devil. (1 John 2:15-17)
- A spirit led believer (Christian) exhibits the Fruit of the Spirit – all of them (Galatians 5:22-23).
- A spirit led believer will not remain carnal because they will permit the Word of God and His Holy Spirit to grow, nurture, and mature them in His Plan and Works of the Spirit. (Ephesians 2:8-10).
Signs of carnality
- Fear in your spirit
- Gradually drifting away, better known to us as backsliding in the House of Prayer.
- A shrinking from reproach (the expression of disapproval or disappointment) and duty. Don’t want to be corrected or told that you are wrong.
- Human reasoning
- Concerned more about yourself and your need. It is hard to pray in this state!
- Pride whereas you think you are indispensable and/or nothing can get done without you.
- Greed equals idolatry. Never having enough. Obsessed with getting more and more.
- Holding back with a particular type of character or behavior while hoping it will never be noticed and called out.
- Unwilling to forgive
- Seeking pleasure that says “I do what I want to do”
- Maintaining carnal relations and relationships that carry feelings and desires without any spiritual element
- What was once sinful has become acceptable to you?
- You excuse sinful behaviors because you can get something out of it.
- Worshipping people, idolizing people, family that will make you comfortable in who you want to be
- Love for others in the truth is cold.
How to no longer be carnally minded with have carnal faith?
- Accept all of Salvation, its terms, measures, and prescribed methods in becoming a new creature in Christ Jesus, not through tradition and religion or a feeling.
- Declare and decree Jesus as being your Model of example.
Psalm 37:37 Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.
- Blameless and matured man
- Allow/let the Spirit of the Word of God cultivate in you a love for Jesus as you follow Him and a love for His people as you obey Him.
- Obey and keep His Commandments
- Delight yourself in the Word and let the Word be your leader and guide in Spirit and in Truth.
- Walk in the Light of the Word recognizing that God the Father wants us to be just like His Son Jesus, in other words we too must become Sons following the path of Jesus.
- Faith as we know is a substance that is the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things we hope for, with faith being the proof of things we do not see and the conviction of its reality being produced from eternity as a real fact of what is not revealed to our senses.
- With faith you just have to believe! Not see it, feel it, touch it, taste it, but just believe it!
- Without faith it is impossible to get God’s ear or attention, not to mention please Him.
- Faith is an eternal substance that is operated in and used by God Himself!
- To every man God has dealt “the measure of faith” (Romans 12:3) where the Church is compared to the human body and its functions.
- We all come equipped with the unique gifts to build up the Body of Christ and the amount of faith needed to operate, function, and use the gifts properly and effectively.
- Believers must believe from an eternal point and not according to your current state.
- We take the eternity out of faith when we see and feel it according to our current state.
- Faith seen is not faith!
St John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
- The blessings of the lukewarm, shallow, weak believers that are trying; liars, deceitful ones, workers of the flesh, etc. are an illusion, so they say their blessed of the Lord.
- Satan has blinded the minds of many believers, as well as the minds of the sinner by keeping them in spiritual darkness according to their belief.
- But God will allow you to do and say what you do and say using the Word of God to suit your current state of being, but He won’t bless what you have declared.
- Carnal minded is temporal! It is short lived! Just as the gifts and pleasures that come with it.
- You can only believe in your now toward your current circumstances, situations, or issues at hand when you are carnally minded.
- That is not faith!
- True blessings from God follow your faith in God along with your trust, confidence, hope, obedience, and a willingness to do all things according to the Spirit of the Will of God, and not your fleshy carnal, sensual nature with its appetites.
- Real faith in God is not locked into materialistic things, tangible stuff, or what your current status is
- After it’s all said and done and if there was no repentance, no deliverance, and no acceptance of Christ Jesus your gathering together was another “in vain” gathering.
- Yes family matters that is in Christ!
- Now that we know this truth and that no one is getting away with anything and God truly has no respect of persons, special persons that He will allow to do evil and sin and then turn and bless them.
- Salvation really is individual and personal!