Apostle Tracey Robinson, 2022 All Rights Reserved
- This is considered as basic principles but it will produce the fruit of the new creature in you.
- The ways of man through his 5-sense knowledge of good and evil does not produce spiritual fruit because it is full of tradition and religion, rituals, ceremonial procedures that only appease the flesh of man and not his soul.
- Baptisms of the water and of the Spirit are both spiritual processes geared only to the soul of man.
- Geared defined here is to prepare, adjust, or equip for a particular purpose or need.
- Most of the time but not always when a person gets baptized they also get baptized of the Spirit.
- Jesus is our example for that evidence found in St Matthew 3:16-17 when the Spirit of God descended like a dove and lit upon Him with a voice from Heaven saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
- I personally believe that this has to do with the condition of the person’s hearts intent, but I know God does what He pleases with whom He pleases.
- Our study tonight is geared toward the inward man and the equipping him with the spiritual knowledge of God’s prescribed methods and measures that line up with His word in Spirit and in Truth.
- God’s Word is for the spirit of man and not the fleshy, outward, natural, physical man.
- Many through traditions and religions, denominations, and other spiritual type beliefs argue to disagree on the correct way of being baptized of the water and baptized of the Spirit.
- And without both you will never enter into the Kingdom of God and will you never belong to the Spirit of God.
- God seals those that are His with His Spirit of Promise.
St John 3:3, 5-7 KJV Amplified
3 Jesus answered him, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, that unless a person is born again (anew, from above), he cannot ever see (know, be acquainted with, and experience) the Kingdom of God.
5 Jesus answered, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, unless a man is born of water and (even) the Spirit, he cannot (ever) enter the Kingdom of God.
6 What is born of (from) the flesh is flesh (of the physical is physical); and what is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not (do not be surprised, astonished) at My telling you, You must be born anew (from above).
1 Corinthians 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? Even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
- The word save here used as a preposition means except; but.
- I keep telling all the struggle is real because you know more about your flesh (the outward man) than you do the spirit being that you are.
- Your flesh houses your past and all its issues, circumstances, and situations. It remembers everything!
- This is why the senses of the flesh must be mortified and then crucify the flesh and put it on your cross.
- What’s in your heart are the ways of the flesh and its concerns if you have not considered and accepted the new heart of flesh that the Holy Spirit gives to you.
Ezekiel 36:26-27 26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
Ezekiel 11:20 That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: they shall be my people, and I will be their God.
- This new heart and mind is for the new creature within you, nothing for the fleshy, natural, carnal, physical man.
- Your new heart and spirit is guaranteed to do the Will and Work of the Spirit of God in the earth.
Proverbs 20:27 The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord, searching all the inward parts of the belly.
Baptism of the Water
St Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
- Baptism is the outward act that symbolizes the inward (phenomenon) happening or miracle taking place inwardly in you coming to and accepting Christ Jesus as your Lord and Savior.
- Happening inwardly does not generate a feeling, but an emotion.
- Water baptism is an outward form that demonstrates an inward spiritual experience of the heart.
- Baptism is your visual testimony of your commitment to Christ.
- Baptism is being made aware that you need to be reconciled back to the Lord God, our Father.
- Baptism of the water is a spiritual process that speaks volume to the outward appearance, which is the amount or quality of the greatness of Salvation in your life as a new creature.
- Baptism of the water consists of the processes of immersion, submersion, and emergence.
- Immersion is the action of immersing someone or something in a liquid.
- Submersion is to cause to go under water; descend below the surface of an area of water.
- Emergence is the process of coming into view or becoming exposed after being concealed; disclosure; exposure.
- Baptism of the water is termed “of washing oneself”.
- Baptism of the water is to be undergone by all believers, witnessing to their new identity with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection.
- Being baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus indicates that the baptized person(s) is closely bound to, or become the property of, the one into whose Name he is baptized in.
Acts 8:16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
St Matthew 28:19-20 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
- The devil will use any and every tactic to cause a born again believer, a new convert to doubt the Word of God, especially in its clarity.
- The devil will use people to debate and argue over what is written and still try to change the method of the Spirit of God.
- God does not have a respect of persons, but the devil does and he will use them that are closest to you to cause you to be ignorant in the Word of God.
Webster defines baptize as:
- To immerse in water or pour water on
- It symbolizes dedication to Christ, purification, and admission into a specific church. This last definition I don’t know why people have to join your ministry because you baptize them.
- To cleanse; sanctify
- To consecrate or dedicate to special use
Baptism of the Spirit
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit is centered on identification with Christ by connecting us and transforming us into Christ’s birth, burial, resurrection, and the finished work of the Spirit by faith.
Romans 6:3-4 3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, REPENT, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
- We hold up and hinder ourselves as believers when we don’t receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
- Well how so, you won’t repent and forgive!
- We say that we have surrendered all to the Lord but in all actuality we have not even scraped the surface of our Will and its giving up, but yet we say I want the Holy Ghost out of ignorance with excuses.
- I’ve surrender all, but you still carnal, worldly minded.
- I don’t know why God won’t give me the Holy Ghost. This is tricky here on your part because you really have not ASKED as you say!
St Luke 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
- Verses 1-13 is Christ teaching on prayer and its three-fold promise: Ask, Seek, and Knock. For everyone that do these Receive, Find, and is Open to them.
What is the Holy Spirit?
- A Spirit. A Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the living God and the giver of all life.
- He is life and the Source of life through His Spirit to the world.
Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
St John 4:24; 6:63
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
Who is the Holy Spirit?
- The Holy Spirit is a person with the personality of the Spirit of God.
- The 3rd person of the Trinity – the Godhead
- The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God dwelling in a spirit being encased in a human body, with a gender of male and female.
- His operation in connections with the Lord Jesus in His Birth, His life, His Baptism, and His Death.
- His operations in the world; the Church; in the individual believer.
What is the work of the Holy Spirit?
- Baptism of the Spirit is the work of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer that is fully surrendered to God.
- He is the new creature in you that will do the Will of the Father in you.
- The first thing the Holy Spirit will do in you is to testify of Christ Jesus, St John 15:26-27. The Spirit and the Church will testify!
- A new spirit, Ezekiel 36:27
- Enables us to know and say that Jesus is LORD, 1 Corinthians 12:3
- Empowers us to do the Will of God, Romans 8:12-14
- The Holy Spirit will send us and we become His witness, Acts 1:8; 13:2
- He comforts and leads us into all Truth, St John 14:16-17
- Anoint us, 1 John 2:27
- He teaches you and will bring all things back to your remembrance whatsoever He has told you, St John 14:26
- He will CHANGE you, Galatians 5:22-23
- The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and He works the Will of God in you.
- The Holy Spirit envisions us by giving us a glimpse of the Will of God in us so we can work together with God in His purpose planned in us, Acts 2:17-18
- The Holy Spirit will equip us with power and authority to access the Will of God in earth, Acts 1:8
- The Holy Spirit liberates us from our past and present so we can live free from the sin that once imprisoned us, 2 Corinthians 3:17; Galatians 5:16
- The Holy Spirit unifies us, 1 Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 4:3
- The more of the Spirit we have the more we will embrace the unity in Christ in each other.
- The Holy Spirit prays for us, Romans 8:26-27
What is the baptism of the Holy Spirit?
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit can be a simultaneous experience with water baptism, as it was with Jesus himself
- St Matthew 3:16-17
- Or it may be a new experience that comes later on after an experience like the day of Pentecost and the spirit man is in one accord with the Spirit of God
- Acts 2:1-4.
- I know it appears as though we are teaching basic principles, elementary stuff that everyone should know, but not so.
- Leaders, we must first not ASSUME that people are SAVED!
- Believers have learned through familiar spirits and a form of godliness how to mask their acceptance, responsibility, and accountability of Salvation; its benefits of being a child of God; and a citizen of His Kingdom.
- With all this said, the devil is still up to his old tricks of his trade again and that is to deceive the new creature from being born again in you.
- Are you going to continuously let him kill, steal, and destroy your new life using your old past life as a sinner?
- The Holy Spirit is God’s final witness to Christ and His Salvation to all mankind.
Wednesday, January 19, 2022