• In order to rebuild you as the physical temple of God to give Him reigning power and authority over your Soul which is Will, mind, and emotions, the nature of your flesh and its past must be deaden by the His Word to be put to death, killed, and crucified.
• In doing so this will heighten the levels of Salvation, its transformation power, its test, trials, and tribulations; its encounters, and experiences in Christ to you as a born-again new creature in Him ready and prepared to grow spiritually to maturity.
• The holiness of the inward man will become a reflection of the Holiness of God the Father in image, after their likeness manifested through the outward man and his body.
1 Corinthians 3:16-17
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
Rebuild is defined here as build (something) again after it has been damaged or destroyed.
• We were born in sin with a new image (nature) after the likeness of that sinful nature.
Temple is defined here as a thing regarded as holy or likened to a temple, especially as a person’s body.
• The Word of God refers to your body as being a Temple for the dwelling and activities of the Spirit of the Lord to inhabit and indulge in on earth.
Defile is defined here as desecrate or profane (something made or created as sacred); to make foul, dirty, or unclean; pollute; taint; debase; to violate the chastity of, to make impure for ceremonial use.
• In our originality we were covered by the Glory of God knowing no sin or the knowledge of sin.
• By taking on the sin new nature of Satan these bodies were defiled causing the Glory of God, the Spirit of God to leave the spirit man to leave him spiritually dead.
• Rebuilding YOU the temple of God must start with being born-again with a new heart, a new mind, an awakened soul, and a new spirit for your whole being causing the body to become subject to the Spirit of God and His dwelling in you a new creature.
• The Amplified KJV asks if we do not discern and understand that the whole Church, Corinth then, but today the Universal Church is God’s Temple, His Sanctuary, and that His Spirit has His permanent dwelling in you/us to be at home in you/us collectively as a Church and individually?
• It goes on in verse 17 to say that if anyone, this includes you/us do hurt to God’s Temple or corrupt it with false doctrines or destroy it God will do hurt to you/us/him and bring you/us/him to the corruption of death and destroy you/us/him.
• For the Temple of God is holy (sacred to Him) and that Temple you/us the believing Church and you/us believing individually.
1 Corinthians 6:13-20 The sanctity of your body and impurity condemned
13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.
14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.
• This is the power of God raising you up from the death of your flesh and its nature to the new creature in Christ that will come to know and do His Will according to His Will.
• That same power that raised Jesus from the dead will quicken our mortal bodies to bring us into a new life in Him.
• The Spirit of the Lord will not raise you up and take away from you all your excess baggage of your past and its memories. You must be willing to give them up!
• Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you.
15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
16 What? Know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? For two, saith He, shall be one flesh.
17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
• When we are united to the Lord, we become one Spirit with Him making it easy to say in Him we live, move, and have our being because we are one spirit.
18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
19 What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
• When the Holy Ghost takes His abode in you, you are now bought with a price.
• The price that Jesus paid for your soul is the cost!
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.
• Food is intended for the stomach and the stomach for food, but God will finally end the functions of both.
• Gluttony is a spirit and is a sin.
• Gluttony is habitual greed or excess in eating, over-indulgence and over consumption of food, drink, or wealth, particularly as status symbols.
• Gluttony is a form of greed – a selfish desire for something.
• Gluttony is also seen as a lack of self-control.
• Gluttony gives too high a priority to physical, natural, or carnal desires.
• Jesus warned us against all kinds of greed in St Luke 12:16-21 which is the parable of the rich fool.
• Your body is not intended for sexual immorality but is intended for the Lord and the Lord is intended for the body.
• Sexual immorality biblically defined as any sexual act outside of the bounds of marriage instituted by God between a man and a woman.
• Sexual immorality is a sin against your own body. (Verse 18 above)
• The different kinds of sexual immorality then and today:
Adultery, Leviticus 18:20; St Matthew 19:9
Fornication, St Matthew 19:9
Homosexuality, Leviticus 18:22; Romans 1:27
Bestiality, Exodus 22:19; Leviticus 18:23; 20:15-16
Incest, Leviticus 18:6
Lebanism, Romans 1:26
Prostitution, Deuteronomy 23:18
Rape, Deuteronomy 22:25
Voyeurism is the practice of gaining sexual pleasure/gratification from watching others when they are naked or engaged in sexual activity, 2 Samuel 11:2-4; St Matthew 5:28
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Social sins listed one by one and how lawsuits can be avoided among the spiritual brethren. Read the verses before these to get a clearer understanding about lawsuits against your brethren.
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the Kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators (impure and immoral), nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate (to those who participate in homosexuality), nor abusers of themselves with mankind.
10 Nor thieves (cheats, swindlers), nor covetous (greedy graspers), nor drunkards, nor revilers (foulmouthed and slanders), nor extortioners (robbers), shall inherit the Kingdom of God.
2 Corinthians 6:14-18
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness?
• Inconsistent with your faith in Christ
• Being in right standing with God and in right living is not a compromise.
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? Or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
• What harmony can there be between Christ and Belial, the devil?
• What do you as a believer have in common with an unbeliever?
• Amos 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?
• How can we walk with Christ and unbelief?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? For ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
• Sever yourselves from unbelievers of the faith
• Sever means to separate one from another, to cut off, to divide.
• Unclean is anything that is unfit to use, touch, or offer up to God in prayer, praise, worship, in word, deed, action, or thought.
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be My sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
• Paul in his writings had to deal with the problems in the Church of Corinth which are the exact same today in our Universal Churches with the exact same spirits.
• Paul wrote about the problems of sexual immorality, homosexuality, prostitutes, incest, long hair, virginity, adultery, fornication, etc. that are all still existing today in the Universal Churches.
• His letters were written then to people who were already redeemed, saved, and converted but they still had their old habits of the old nature and lifestyles of the old nature coming into the Church, doing the international holy dance, speaking in tongues, laying on of hands, prophesying, and competing with one another with no real understanding of spirituality and spiritual maturity. These are the same today!
• Today many Houses of Prayers operate in the same manner as the Church of Corinth in its day. It’s just a new day!
• God’s attributes will change the way you live when perceived spiritually.
• You cannot believe in God through Jesus and don’t change.
• This is a spiritual matter that desperately needs the attention of every born-again believer that professes Salvation and its benefits.
• Evaluate your spirituality!
• Solomon said there is nothing new under the Sun, so it must be the same spirits in different generations.
• Rebuilding you the temple of God for His earthly reigning in you. The Spirit of the Word of God is the cleansing agent for the heart, mind, soul, body, and spirit of man (gender wise: male and female).
Wednesday, January 11, 2023