Pray – Prayer – Praying
The effectual fervent prayer as a spirit being
Apostle Tracey Robinson, All Rights Reserved 2022
- Prayer is a key “of” the Kingdom, not “to” the Kingdom.
- Prayer is one of the keys that many believers are lacking.
- Prayer is necessary because of a law that God put into place concerning the earth.
- God created us in His own image, meaning we have His Spirit nature (man’s spirit) and His moral character (soul of man); and we were made in His likeness meaning we have the ability to function like Him.
- He created them to have dominion. Genesis 1:26
- He created a law that made prayer necessary.
- When God speaks His word becomes law.
- His word became law when He spoke and gave them dominion over the earth. (Dominion defined here means to govern, to rule, to control, to manage, and to lead).
- Earth is under the complete control, management, and leadership of humans.
- That is why God does not interfere in earth without the cooperation of a human because He will not break His law (His word).
- Human interventions say if there is a god why is all this going on in the earth? Because it is not God’s problem, but ours.
- Corruption is a human intervention; incest is a human activity; war is a human ingenuity; everything we suffer from is from what we’ve created without God.
- Prayer is not an option! We are commanded to pray as believers.
St Luke 18:11 says that men ought to always to pray, and not to faint.
- Faint is a sudden loss of consciousness; losing awareness or perception.
- Prayer is the most talked about and is the most common practice of Christian believers, but the least activity that they are involved in because of no results.
- The Spirit of God must work through man in the earth and without God man cannot do it without God.
- God is a Spirit. We all came out of God making every human being a spirit, living in a body, possessing a soul which is their Will, mind, and emotions.
- Jesus prayed to the Father. Jesus prayed for us, not the world
- Jesus is our example of praying. Jesus demonstrated prayer.
- Jesus did not teach on how to use your gifts; how to use your faith to try and manipulate the Word of God using people; but He did tell us how to pray.
- Jesus told us to watch and pray; Jesus told us that men ought to always pray and faint not.
- Jesus the Christ the perfect model to follow in your desire and need to interact in prayer with the Father.
- Jesus is our intercessor is the Holy Spirit Romans 8:26.
- Every culture has a system or process of appeasing a deity, something or someone in a state of being a god.
- Naturally, we think that all we have to do is beg God for what we think we want and He should give it to us, regardless of your relations with Him, your life, and lifestyle.
- Prayer is misunderstood. We think that prayer is for begging God to give us something, when in fact prayer is for us to give God something.
- Think about it God has already given to mankind His better than best to redeem him and restore him back to his original state and purpose.
- Naturally, you ask many questions within yourself and maybe to others about praying.
Questions in mind that are asked:
- Why do you pray?
- Who told you to pray?
- Who are you praying to?
- Why should you/I pray?
- Why should I pray to God?
- What does prayer do?
- What can prayer do for me?
- I stay sick all the time, why should I pray?
James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. (Of a righteous man makes tremendous power available)
- Effectual is (of something inanimate or abstract) successful in producing a desired, or intended result; effective.
- Should I pray even if I got everything I need?
- How often should I pray?
- Why should I pray if I don’t want or need anything?
- How do I pray to a God that I don’t know or that I’ve never seen or that I don’t know if He is hearing me?
- Why do we pray and pray and get no results unless we do it ourselves?
- Prayer is spiritual, that is when you are praying to our Spiritual Supreme Being, which is God Himself!
- You must become the spirit being that you are and pray the Will of God. This is a learned process!
- Your spirit will never pray for your flesh its lust, habits, and practices.
Romans 8:27 And He that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because He maketh intercession for the saints according to the Will of God.
- Human beings are naturally inclined to refuse or resist something that does not work; they try and try and eventually no results they quit or avoid doing it again.
- Prayer is not automatic, though believers should pray, but the real problem with every believer praying is that they quit when they don’t get the results of what they are praying for.
Instructions concerning prayer and directions for prayer
St Matthew 6:5-8
5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
- Praying to the Spirit of God out of His Will for you will always be met with “no results”.
- This is why many believers will latch onto others that appear to have a relationship with the Father in hopes that the Lord will do for them through another praying for them.
- And in most cases their desire is still out of the Will of God but they are trying to get you to compromise your relations with the Father for their ill-will. And we often times do it thinking that we can move God on their behalf.
- Compromise defined here as getting you to go to God and ask Him to accept the standards and ways of this person you are praying for over His Word and Will for them.
- God looks at the heart; man looks at the outward appearance! 1 Samuel 16:7
- How do I get to know His Will for me? You must first get to know Him through His Son Jesus, and then you will become aware of His Will for you incorporated in that.
- Know defined here means to have developed a relationship with the Father through His word by meeting Him there; spending time with Him there; become familiar with Him in His Word through your heart; and become aware of Him through observation, examination of self-first as well as in others; inquiries through fellowship with the Saints, and their testimonies to get more informed of the Father’s love and Will in their hearts as well.
- We pray in vain when we pray for temporal possessions repetitiously and never for spiritual possessions which is the Will of God.
St Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
- This is the beginning of learning how to pray to the Father along with the Lord’s Prayer.
- Seeking the Father, His Kingdom, and His righteousness will begin your relationship with Him to equip you in wisdom, knowledge, and understanding of what you really need is in His Will.
1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Key words here: “If” introduces a conditional (subject to requirements that must be met) clause meaning “in the event of”.
“Risen with Christ” means born again as a new creature back into a new life as a spirit being (your original state) that shares His birth, burial, and resurrection from the dead in you.
“Affection” here means the process of being affected by the Kingdom of God and His righteousness with an attitude or sentiment of the same as Jesus the Christ.
- Prayer is not just talking to God because you have much to say; long drawn out prayers using great swelling words; trying to use God’s Word against Him through manipulation or provoking Him.
- Praying and never getting results is discouraging to the person or persons praying.
- But Satan plays off your bodily responses and its inability to WAIT on God to respond and manifest your petition or request that is in His Will. Satan will prepare a decoy to lure, entice, and ensnare you away from your petition or request you put on the altar before God to set you up with an illusion (a deceptive appearance or impression) that will imitate what appears to be from God.
- This is why it is so important and necessary to know who you are praying to.
- Praying and asking God for something other than His Will to get you to and through your issues of your heart is an open opportunity for Satan to give you an illusion.
- Praying with no knowledge of who you’re praying to with no results is very discouraging.
- Prayer gives you access to the Kingdom of Heaven to learn how to control what happens in earth and to impact with it.
- Prayer is a spiritual communication, not just a conversation but a communicational relationship to the one that you ascribe
- Ascribe defined here is to “accredit” God to and for everything; He is the owner of everything that is. He is the King, the power and the glory of everything.
- To ascribe means to blame someone for something. I blame God for all creations!
- Accrediting God to and for everything is to recognize that He is the authority over time; every ruling system in governing authority; He is the owner of all things and everything. He owns all the powers that be; that is and is to come, Romans 13:1.
1 The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water: He turneth it whithersoever He will.
2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the Lord pondereth the hearts.
- Describe defined here is to given account in words of (someone or something), including all the relevant characteristics, qualities, or events
- There is a difference between to describe God and ascribe God.
- Most of our so-called worship service is just a praise that describes God. We say God you are wonderful; you are good and awesome; and you are my all and all; etc. This is praising Him.
- Prayer is necessary! Through it we give God permission through our faith to impact the earth.
Fervent means having or displaying a passionate intensity; passionate; intense; hot, burning, or glowing.
Communication is the imparting or exchanging information or news; a means of sending or receiving information; the sharing of ideas or feelings; social contact.
Conversation is a talk, especially an informal one, between two or more people, in which news and ideas are exchanged; an interactive communication between two or more people.
Ascribe means to attribute something to a cause; attribute to a particular person.
Describe give an account in words of (someone or something), including all the relevant characteristics, qualities, or events.