Apostle Tracey Robinson, 2022 All Rights Reserved
We are still talking about our spirituality in a way that we are configured as spirit beings encased in a body; how we work, operate, and function as spirit beings based upon our makeup of Will, mind, and emotions. Today we will minister about your soul’s emotions.
Your soul emotions must be controlled by the Holy Spirit so that your feelings of the flesh in its knowledge of good and evil cannot override the emotions being controlled by the Holy Spirit.
Who is controlling your emotions plays a huge part of man in his decision making process.
For example, the eye sees but the soul imagines and the spirit has the faith in what the soul imagines.
There is a real process that goes on in each of us and it determines who is controlling your soul: the Holy Spirit or the Will of the world, the flesh, and the devil.
St Matthew 6:22-24 22 The light of the bod is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. 23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness! 24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Emotion defined as:
- Any strong manifestation or disturbance of the conscious or the unconscious mind, typically involuntary and often leading to complex bodily changes and forms of behavior
- The power of feelings, with or without a corresponding trend of activities, sensibility
- Unusual or disturbed motion
Feeling defines as:
- The sense of touch or immediate contact, as aroused by stimulating receptors in the skin, muscles, or internal organs.
- The fact or the power of perceiving the qualities of the objects arousing the sensations
- Any emotion as apart from the body; mental stirring; emotion
- Sensitiveness, or the capacity to feel deeply.
- The affective, emotional aspect of all mental life and its phenomena, as distinguished from the intellectual and voluntary, or active, aspects.
- That quality by which expression is given to the emotions, and which should actuate a painter in the conception and execution of his design.
- Emotions are involuntary.
- Involuntary means contrary to one’s Will or wish; not under the control of the Will; unintentional; describing those muscles, glands, and other bodily organs which act independently of conscious control.
- Feelings are voluntary.
- Voluntary proceeding from the Will or from one’s own free choice; specifically, unconstrained; intentional; volitional; endowed with, possessing, or exercising Will or free choice; effected by choice or volition; acting without constraint; subject to or directed by the Will, as a muscle or movement.
- Emotions are not a thought of the senses. They are out of our control. They are involuntary.
- Emotions cannot be produced by decisions.
- The Word of God requires in command us to do things outside of our control.
- Commands to rejoice; to have faith and not to fear; to love; to praise Him; to willingly obey; to be guide, lead, and instructed by His Spirit; etc.
- The Spirit of God must grant to the Soul (to you) what He has commanded.
- Joy is an emotion of your Soul but your body may experience effects from that emotion such as butterflies in your stomach, unexplainable tears and you don’t know why; goose bumps as you say but none of these effects in the body are joy.
- Emotions are distinct, meaning they are separate from or different in nature from your 5 senses.
- The body is chemicals, muscles, nerves and made up of electrons, atoms, molecules. And when these things move it’s not a moral event. So the body does not have a right and wrong.
- The movement of your arm has no moral significance until you tell it by your Will and or emotions to do something.
- If you tell your arm to move to punch somebody with your fist then it becomes bad or if you choose to hug someone it becomes good, but it is your soul that is importing virtue whether right or wrong to the physical (the body) dimensions to your life.
- The Word teaches us that its right to have the joy of the Lord, but it’s wrong to anxious about situations. Then there becomes there becomes a rightness and wrongness toward these emotions, therefore these emotions are not mere bodily movements they are movements of the Soul.
- These movements of the soul are produced by the Holy Spirit because we cannot make these things happen from our soul.
- The movement of your soul is happening by the fruit of the Spirit.
- Joy overflows from the soulish realm toward the Spirit of God and it comes from the working of the Holy Spirit in you.
- The Holy Spirit does this not by magic but by causing your soul to see the glory, the beauty of Jesus Christ in you.
- How else would you be able to rejoice in the Lord if you don’t know Him in your soulish realm?
- The beauty of Christ can only be seen through the eyes of your soul individually and personally.
- Christ Jesus becomes your hearts view of Himself in your soul.
Galatians 3:1-2 1 O FOOLISH Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
- Seeing from your hearts view of Christ Jesus in your soul is what causes the joy of the Lord to come up out of you, and this is the work of the Holy Spirit.
- It is the Holy Spirit that makes you and I to rejoice in Christ from our heart without any mental content that is without any gratified pleasure from self’s ability.
- This is why it is a necessity for all born again believers to receive the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in other tongues (your language) so that we all can glorify Christ Jesus within us as kindred spirits, unified, and in one accord.
- It is the Holy Spirit that will open up your eyes from the soul and spirit realm to see the beauty of holiness in Christ; all that He has done; all that He is; all that He was; and all that He will be.
- This is what will cause joy, unspeakable joy to overflow from your soul towards Him.
- No houses, land, money, husband, wives, brothers, sisters, children, friends or foes will cause the joy of the Lord to overflow within you toward and for the Lord God.
- This is why we must bear His fruit which will cause us to see the Model Jesus growing in our soul as the new creature.
- We will then see Him in the Word and in the world.
- The Holy Spirit will inspire you by filling you with the urge and ability to know the Word and become the Word in order to see the completed work through the eyes of Christ Jesus.
- The Holy Spirit will inspire us to see Him in the gifts of the Spirit, as well as seeing the diversity of spiritual gifts i.e. the Apostle, Prophets, Evangelist, Pastors, Teachers, and all other called out ones in the Body for the Body.
- The Holy Spirit will teach us how to serve in the gifts as we serve one another in the gifts for the perfecting of the Saints, the work of the ministry, and the edifying of the Body of Christ.
- The Holy Spirit will inspire us to see Him in nature and then we will all come into the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ in each of us individually and corporately. Ephesians 4:13.
- NOW will we be able to see Christ in every born again believer filled with the Holy Spirit; we will also know that each of us are the gifts of God to Himself and we all will see Him, taste Him, touch Him, hear Him, and smell Him.
- Joy is an emotion in the soul produced by the Holy Spirit as He causes us to see the beauty of Christ in the Word of God and in His Works.
- Feelings are just a chemical and chemicals change every 5 seconds.
- Love is not an emotion it is an act of the Will, whereas you choose to love.
- Love is a “force generated by a decision”.