The Life of Soul
Apostle Tracey Robinson. 2021 All Rights Reserved
Ephesians 2:1-10 the sinful state of man with God’s grace and mercy in deliverance, saved by grace through faith and regenerated and renewed to do good works.
- Soul is the immaterial, invisible part of man
- Soul is the seat of personality. Personality is the combination of characteristics or qualities that form an individual’s distinctive character.
- Soul is the seat of the sentiment element in man that by which he perceives, reflects, emotions, desires.
- Soul is the seat of the Will and purpose of man.
- Soul is the inward man, the seat of the new life.
- Soul and spirit are alike in their nature and in their activities.
- The spirit is the higher the soul is the lower element.
- The spirit may be recognized as the life principle bestowed on man by God, the soul as the resulting life constituted in the individual, and the body being the material organism animated by the soul and spirit.
THE LIFE OF SOUL
- The life of your soul began with the breath of life received from God.
- The life of the soul and the spirit gives animated life to the flesh that is the natural man.
- The life of your soul is imitated through the body’s realm. A form of godliness.
- The shape your soul is in is exemplified through the body’s realm.
- The state of your soul cries out through the flesh.
- Your flesh tells the condition of your soul when it has the power of influence over it.
- The life of soul determines the natural life of the body.
- The life of your soul is determined by the influence the Spirit of God has over your spirit.
- The Spirit of God must possess your spirit in order to empower your soul and its life expectancy.
Does your soul pray? Who is really talking to God? Is it your flesh or your soul talking to God? Did you know that there is a difference? Did you know that your flesh has no jurisdiction with God, but your soul has the power to speak directly to God in the Spirit? Did you not know that your flesh does not honor, or reverence God? Did you not know that your flesh is carnal and is a hostile enemy against God?
Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
- God the Creator created you as soul.
- Man was created a living soul with the breath of life from the breath of God.
- Man’s soul and spirit was placed in a dirt suit, a body made from the dust of the ground, better known as “flesh”.
- The spirit of man is the breath which is the Spirit of God.
- The soul of man is the moral character of the Spirit of God.
- The spirit of man is the Spirit nature of God.
- God made man in His image, after their likeness, Genesis 1:27; 2:7
- His likeness means that we have the ability to function like Him.
- God gave to them both male and female dominion, Genesis 1:26-27
- Man is a living soul! You are a living soul!
- Man whether its gender is male or female is soul and he knows the Will of God.
- Soul must bear the Divine image of its Creator. During your conversion of transformation you get back the image of God made after their likeness.
- Spiritual life is only in the Spirit of God and your soul knows that.
- Once awaken the soul of man knows how to communicate with God. He must communicate with His Creator, His Maker, His Father, His Shepherd, and His Bishop.
1 Peter 2:25 For ye were as sheep going astray, but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.
- Soul must return back to God.
- Adam was a spirit man that communicated with the Spirit of God in and through his Spirit, because God inhabited his spirit.
- God possessed the spirit of Adam which gave Adam the ability (the power) to communicate with God.
- Adam knew through his possession of the Spirit of God that he was one with God.
- Adam knew that he had the mind of God, whereas physical words were not needed because whatever God thought Adam perceived it; whatever Adam thought was God’s thoughts.
- We must communicate with God through our soul as he return back to our Father.
175 Let my soul live, and it shall praise thee; and let thy judgments help me.
176 I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments.
- Has your soul confessed his sin against God?
- Has your soul’s deliverance testified of his deliverance from the Father?
- Remember your testimony is personal, but not private!
- Even the publicans, the world, the flesh, and the devil do the same.
St Matthew 5:46-47
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? Do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? Do not even the publicans so?
- Is your soul thirsty? Has it thirst for the righteousness of God through His Son Jesus Christ since your salvation?
- When David spoke he was speaking to God from his soul. His soul would cry out to God for His Will to be done.
- Your soul will seek God for deliverance through the heard Word of God!
- The life of your soul is sustained by the Word of God only.
- Your soul MUST hear the Word of God to perceive life of being born again.
- When David said, Lord let my soul live and it shall praise thee; but tradition and religion and feelings says to God, Lord if my flesh “feels” like it then I’ll praise you.
Deuteronomy 8:3 And He humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that He might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live.
Isaiah 55:3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.
- Incline means to bend forward and downward one’s head; feel willing or favorably disposed toward an action, belief, or attitude.
- Incline your ear to accept the offer of the Word of God.
- When the ear hears the Word of God the Word of God gets in the heart and into the spirit to give life back to the soul according to the Will of God.
St John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth My word, and believeth on Him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
- Christ Jesus is the Supreme object of your soul’s ability to come alive and live.
- Object is a person or thing to which a specified action or feeling is directed.
Philippians 1:21 For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
- The life of soul is based upon the wages of his works.
- Soul will sow corruptible or incorruptible.
St Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
- Death is innate for the soul! Innate means inborn; natural.
- Purgatory does not exist for the soul!
- Purgatory in Roman Catholic doctrine is a place or state of suffering inhabited by the soul of sinners who are expiating their sins before going to Heaven; having the quality of cleansing or purifying.
- Earth is the ONLY place of preparation while we are still breathing, afterwards it is too late to try and get it right with God and His prescribed way.
- The transformation of soul is a mystery to mankind because the first man Adam was a living soul; the last Adam was made as a quickening spirit though he was encased in flesh.
- Man does not fully understand how to “walk in the spirit so it won’t fulfill the lust of the flesh”.
1 Corinthians 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
- A quickening spirit is a spiritual awakening of the soul and spirit of man bringing him to full consciousness of whom he is, who he belongs to, who his maker is, and what the Father requires of him.
- To quicken means to make alive.
- Jesus came as the last Adam as a quickening spirit to make the soul of man alive; bringing him back to life, reborn again in the Spirit and in Truth.
- An inflow of divine vitality into the body, which will follow the affirmation of the Spirit of Truth
- Soul is awaken by hearing the Word of God and by faith believing.
- The spirit of man is awaken by soul hearing the Word of God, by faith believing it, downloading it in his heart.
- The spirit is then possessed by the penetration of the Spirit of God, the Holy Ghost. This has the same the effect as one losing their virginity.
- When the Spirit of God penetrates your spirit He takes possession of it and the whole man.
Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you.
- The life of soul is the resurrecting power of the Spirit of God through His Son Jesus bringing soul back to a spiritual life and freeing soul from the state of death, its sin, and temptations that has come and made soul a captive to the knowledge of good and evil.
- This quickening of the Spirit in the mortal body makes it eternal and now incorruptible, not subject to death and corruption.
1 Corinthians 15:49-54
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In the moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
- The flesh does not have and will never have the preeminence (superiority) over the Spirit of man in Christ Jesus.
- The flesh and its 5-senses only awaken man in a partial way by going about in a dream like state called a form of godliness and think this is real life.
- The power of the Word of God heard will enter into the soul and spirit of man causing him to come alive with a divine understanding of knowing that what appears is not what really is.
- Salvation has come to renew the soul of mankind.
- Salvation has come personally to each of us to renew our soul and to create in our soul a born again experience through and in what God has done through His Son.
- Everything we are “trying” to do in and through our flesh should be done from within our soul in this earth.
- The battle belongs to the Lord!
- The battle is between God and Satan for your soul.
Why are we trying to fight a spiritual battle that only the Spirit of God can fight for us through us?
- The Spirit of God must be in charge of you mind, spirit, soul, and body throughout the whole battle of life in you.
- You and I will never be able to assist or help God in this battle over our soul except to allow Him to be Lord of Lord, and King of Kings over the whole man.
- All we can do in this battle over our soul is always give God a yes to exhort the Lord, to bless the Lord, praise the Lord, worship the Lord, glorify the Lord, trust the Lord, etc.
- Our part is really easy!
1 Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless His holy name.
2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits:
3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagles.
- Bless is used in expressions of endearment, gratitude; thanksgiving; call God holy; praise God; glorifying God; sacrifice; suffer; etc.