Apostle Tracey Robinson – All Rights Reserved, 2022
1 And you hath He quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience.
3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved:)
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7 That in the ages to come He might shew the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
- Quickened defined here as to make alive or quick; give or restore life to; to come or return to life; revive; to begin to manifest signs of life: as said of a fetus.
- God through His spiritual attraction through His Son Jesus had to quicken us to bring us to reconciliation and restored life in Him.
- Sin had us in cardiac arrest!
- Our hearts electrical system was malfunctioning due to the sinful state that we were once in and God through Jesus had to revive us.
- Sin once had us dead in trespasses and sins. It had us once so bad that it thrown the rhythm of our heart and its path off from functioning in the Will and Way of our Spiritual Father, God.
- Sin defined here as a lack of conformity to, or a transgression, especially when deliberate, of a law, precept, or principle regarded as having divine authority; the state of and condition of transgressed; wickedness; an offense against a standard.
- Trespasses defined here as to violate willfully and forcibly the rights of another; to pass the bounds of propriety or rectitude, to the injury of another; any voluntary transgression of law or rule of duty.
- We had lost through the knowledge of good and evil the knowledge of good and truth which was in our original nature.
- Sin and trespasses caused our hearts to abruptly lose that which God had created in us for His purpose.
- Our breathing and level of consciousness was no longer in tuned, sync, and location with Heaven and the Father.
- In sin and trespasses we experienced a loss of consciousness that caused us to lose our original awareness of who we were, who we belonged to, and our surroundings.
- The devil had us in a place in our past where we were LOST!
- But in the times that have now past, based upon when you/I/we received and accepted God’s plan of Salvation you/I/we walked according to the course and fashions of the world; being in obedience to and under the control of the devil and his demon spirits that are still constantly working today in the sons (children) of disobedience (they are the careless, the rebellious, and the unbelieving who are still going against the purpose of God).
Two natures of the heart of man:
- One nature that is HIGHER and is spiritual; one nature that is LOWER and is of the flesh
- One produces the nature, character and behavior of the knowledge of good and truth; one produces the nature and behavior of sin from the knowledge of good and evil.
- The HIGHER nature will be influenced and controlled by the Will of God and His Spirit; the LOWER nature “triggers” the 5-sense senses to influence and control the soul with the desires of the world, its lust, and pleasures.
- Along with the triggering of the 5-senses through the knowledge of good and evil along with our own independence we once lived and conducted ourselves in the passions of our flesh, governing our behavior by our corrupt and sensual LOWER nature.
- Passion defined here as an intense desire or enthusiasm to do something; a thing arousing enthusiasm; strong and barely controllable emotion.
- In the LOWER nature we used to obey the impulses and cravings of the flesh and thoughts of the mind dictated by our senses and our dark imagination.
- In our LOWER nature we then by nature were children of God’s wrath and heirs of His indignation like all the rest of mankind.
- We hated God and His Will for us! We wanted to do things our way and serve Him from that manner and capacity.
- Before we heard the Word of God and its conviction we did not know that we were in sin and trespasses and that we were all together wrong.
- We all then and now display signs and actions, thoughts, words, and deeds that are found and seen in one of these two natures.
- You/I/We must choose which nature we will operate in and from. We cannot and will not be able to operate and function in the two back and forth or together.
- Nature defined here as the character, constitution, or essential traits of a person, thing, or class, especially if original rather than acquired; the unregenerate state; character unchanged by grace.
- The Hebrew word for image means nature, characteristics, essence.
Genesis 1:26-27 on the 6th day God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created He them.
- “He him” means that man is a spirit; man is the species; and the gender of man is male and female. It is this body that determines the gender of the species man.
- We all have God’s spiritual nature (spirit), moral character (soul), and qualities.
- Spirit is the part of man which knows (1 Corinthians 2:2) and which allies himself to the spiritual creation and gives him God-consciousness.
- Soul in itself implies self-conscious life. Plants have unconscious life. Animals also have soul (Genesis 1:24).
- Soul of man has a vaster content than the soul of animal life.
- Soul is the seat of the spirit man’s emotions, desires, and affections.
- The body is separate from spirit and soul. It is the seat of the senses, the means by which the spirit and soul have worldly consciousness from the fallen state of Adam’s nature.
- So the HIGHER nature is only attracted to spiritual things for him as a spirit being; the LOWER nature is attracted by and to worldly things.
- Seek those things that are above and not on the earth.
1 If ye be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
- “If you be risen” defined here as a suggestion or request that need to be acted upon.
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory.
5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
6 For which things sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
- The nature of Jesus is He is the Son of God and the Son of man; He was fully human and fully divine.
- This is why the flesh is already dead because of what Jesus has already done to the flesh. He condemned sin in the flesh.
- Jesus came in the Law of the Spirit of Life making all mankind free from the law of sin and death. (Romans 8:2).
- Because the law was weak through the flesh, God sent His only begotten Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh so that the righteousness of the Law might be fulfilled in us who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit. (Romans 8:3-4).
- The Law though it was weak through the flesh it was still of righteousness because it was of God and His Way.
- Flesh has already been set up through the completed work of Christ Jesus to die through the Spirit of the Word heard and applied to discipline and punish it; humiliate and shame it in order to crucify it in all its lust, desires, habits, practices, and pleasures.
- Mortify defined here as to affect with humiliation, shame, or chagrin; to discipline or punish (the body, passions, etc.) by fasting;
- In doing so, we will walk after the Spirit and not fulfill the lust of our flesh if you be willing and obedient to surrender your Will, flesh and its nature to the completed faith, faithfulness, and work of Christ Jesus.
- In doing so, this will ensure you that you will become fully human and fully divine as a Son also.
- It is only through Jesus Christ faith and faithfulness that this will be obtained and maintained by His Spirit.
- Always remember, we do not have a faith of our own to believe in Christ Jesus; just as we do not have a love to in turn love God with except through Christ Jesus.
- The LOWER nature experiences the nature of God and His Creation through His Works, but that is not enough.
- We must come up to the HIGHER nature to experience the nature of God as a Son.
- We all experience God in nature as a sinner, transgressor, and as a believer.
Job 12:7-10 says ask the beasts and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall teach thee: 8 or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee. 9 who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the Lord hath wrought this? 10 In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.
Psalm 66:4 All the earth shall worship thee, and shall sing unto thee; they shall sing to thy name. Selah.
- As a born again believer we have both natures: the new nature which is Spirit; and the old nature which is of the flesh.
- And this makes us all as new creatures with a battle within a battlefield because once saved these two natures began to wage war against each other for your soul.
Galatians 5:16-18 says 16 this I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
- When we are led by the Spirit the battle is already won but if we choose to keep some of our independence and try to run God in our way the battle is won by the adversary of your soul, and you will have to go through and to your battle over and over again until you learn to surrender your all to the Spirit of God and let Him take the reins of your heart.
- This is why we MUST put all faith, trust, and confidence in Christ which will make us partakers of His Divine nature.
2 Peter 1:4-8 4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. 5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; 7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. 8 For it these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Sunday, April 3, 2022