Spirituality starts with how you hear
Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
- The scripture say by hearing and hearing by the Word of God, not just the written Word, but the word of God heard in prayer, in meditation, in dreams and visions, taught, ministered, and even prophesied.
- All this comes by faith through the knowledge of God.
- So defined here to such a great extent or the same extent as it (faith) is used in comparisons to; in order that; with the aim that.
- In other words in comparisons to the Word of God and its delivering power and authority in you; in order that the Word of God can and will keep you delivered, sanctified, and free; with the aim of God’s plan, purpose, and perfected intent will be made manifest in you in the earth.
- By defined here as identifying the agent performing the action
Let me talk about the nature of faith so you will know how faith comes by hearing, why faith comes by hearing, and what it does when it comes by the hearing of the Word of God.
- Nature defined here in Hebrew meaning as Image; image meaning here as nature, characteristics, essence (indispensable quality).
- This is our makeup! This is how God made the spirit Man (us).
- Genesis 1:26-27 God made man in their image, after their likeness, and let them have dominion. In verse 27 God created man in His own Image, in the Image of God created God Himself: male and female created He them.
- We know that it is these dirt suits (bodies) that we are housed in that is gender related, but the spirit in us all is Man.
- “After their likeness” here means to function like. God functions by a substance called faith, so do we.
- God has the power of Will and He also created us (the spirit Man) with the power of Will.
- Faith is a substance that is created in the spirit Man after the likeness of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- The nature of faith takes his origin from His Source, which is His Agent which is the Spirit of God activated by the Word or Words of God.
- The nature of faith is its basic quality and (or) character of Christ Jesus as a Son governed by His Father.
- It is in the nature of faith to sever sin and transgressions from our lives by closing the doors to our past so that the Word of God can began its cleansing process in you and through you as a new creature in Christ.
- Sever defined here as put to an end (a connection or relationship); break off
- The nature of faith is the nature of our Father and His functioning ability.
- Faith in Christ Jesus is more than just believe the Word, a statement about the Word, the works of the Word, the promises of the Word, the blessings of the Word, etc., but faith in Christ Jesus should reveal a life of FULL reliance upon Him only.
- Faith does not carry a feeling! Faith does not operate from a feeling!
- As a matter of fact faith will blow the mind of your feelings, mortify them, and crucify them because of his knowledge of God. Faith has knowledge of God!
- It is a mystery to have knowledge of God because the Gospel is hidden from those that are lost in whom the god of this world and systems has blinded the minds of those that believe not, unless the Light of the Gospel of Christ Jesus shine to them reflecting through the Image of God. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4).
- And we are that Light of the Model Christ Jesus for the world to see.
- It is one thing to say you know God and never change; and it is another thing to know Him and become what you know about Him through His life changing transformation.
- Faith coming by hearing the Word of God will definitely change your life and lifestyle.
- Having a trained ear to hear what the Spirit of God is saying is a foundational principle of Salvation that will form a spiritual relationship with the Father.
- Spiritual hearing is a process that begins at your initial confession made with your mouth and believed in your heart.
- Spiritual hearing is what renews the heart from your old nature to a new heart of flesh to allow the Holy Spirit to dwell within you to guide, lead, instruct, and monitor every path of your new being.
- So hearing the Word of God is not an outer ear process that will relate to your feelings influenced by the flesh.
- Hearing is the beginning of your spiritual growth in Christ!
Ezekiel 36:26-27 26 a new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
- With a new heart and the Holy Spirit within you faith will be at an all-time high in you forever and always, regardless of your external circumstances, issues, and situations of the flesh and its source.
Isaiah 50:4-5 4 The Lord God hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: He wakeneth morning by morning, He wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned. 5 The Lord God hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back.
- It is the Spirit of God that awakens your ear to hear and for faith to follow the heard Word of God.
- A trained ear will bring you into the required standards of the Spirit of God in conduct, behavior, skill, obedience, and in knowledge to educate the new creature in you.
- To become the spirit being that you are in earth starts with an honest and good heart that will have the intent of God and not the motives of the flesh.
- Once the Spirit of God has trained your ear He can now give you His vision. Why? Because my sheep know my voice and a stranger they will not heart.
- A trained ear will attract the gifts of Wisdom, Knowledge, and Understanding and they will operate boldly together in the Will of God.
- A trained ear is a keen ear that is sharp, and is exceptionally intelligent. Why? Because it operates in the Will of God only!
- A trained ear works for the Holy Ghost and is opened by the spiritual receptivity of the Word of God.
- An obedient ear is an ear that is trained, but hears with conviction and has been disciplined and is fully awakened to the awareness of its need in Christ.
- An obedient ear will only do and say what he hears the Father say. It won’t add nothing to it nor take away from what it heard.
St John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, He gave Me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
- An uncircumcised ear is an ear that is inattentive and disobedient toward the Word and Will of God.
- In other words, the heart has not been changed and the ear as well as the heart is still walking in the Will and nature of the old man (unregenerate).
- An uncircumcised ear hears the Word of God imperfectly because it only hears what it wants to hear; or it hears with a strong prejudice that will cause him to reject the truth; or knows that something is coming from God and will automatically reject it.
- An uncircumcised ear says but, I’m going to do what I feel is right anyway.
- Having an itching ear is an ear that has become tired of hearing sound truth and it longs for a new thing, a new kind of teaching because this truth is not doing anything for me.
- An itching ear is an ear that seeks and searches for places to go where their soul is not being fed but where their flesh is pumped and feeling good to soon drive him into his secret sin.
- Your spirituality begins with how you hear.
- How you hear will activate your faith?
- An ear of the learned is a trained ear that will form relationship with the Father.
- An ear of the learned is an ear that will acquire the knowledge of the Spirit of God through His Son Jesus in Spirit and in Truth.
- A learned ear is an ear that will lead you to study for and in the knowledge of God.
- A learned ear will follow all instructions of the Spirit of God heard.
- A learned ear can only walk in the Spirit, by the Spirit, and after the Spirit.
- A learned ear adores pleasing the Father through its knowledge obtained.
Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?
Apostle Tracey Robinson. 2022 All Rights Reserved
Sunday, May 15, 2022 at Apostle Jeremiah Ford Lewis