• There are many believers living a false pretense as a believer in Christ being transformed as a new creature with years and years of no change.
• Many believers that are really transgressors! Transgressors are those that violate God’s commands or laws.
• False pretense is an attempt to make something that is not the case appear true; behavior intended to deceive others
• Many believers are following a form of godliness called tradition and religion which is of a “feel good method” and calling it their servitude toward the Lord God in exchange for His benefits.
• The world and its way of social gatherings has come up with apps that many ministries have indulged in to attract members, not disciples but members, not sheep but members with and through their gimmicks of catering to the flesh of man, not the spirit man but to the flesh of man.
• Many ministries have bought into these new ways and ideals of the world, the flesh, and the devil to fill God’s House as they say, when in fact it’s the Lord that adds to the Church daily such as shall be saved. (Acts 2:47)
• God will draw those to Him that have faith in Christ Jesus.
• It is the Spirit of God that will draw souls to Him through His Son Jesus. (St John 6:44). That drawing is a spiritual attraction to Him through His Son.
• Believers are foolish in their wisdom of godliness, even to the point of trying to reflect the nature of Kingdom and Kingdom lifestyle in the courses of their everyday living in their humanism, possessions, wealth, and deceitful riches.
• Many believers have taken the uprightness and the Holiness of God and make a mockery of it as well as to say “it don’t take all of that” to God Himself in their heart and mannerism.
• Many believers allow much ungodliness in the House of Prayer and call it the Spirit of God in His pleasure.
What is a form of godliness?
• First we must define “form” then “godliness”.
• Form is a particular way in which a thing exists or appears; a manifestation; embodiment; incarnation; bring together parts or combine to create (something); devise; setup.
• The spirit of man lost his original godliness due to his fall in rebelling against God and His command.
• The spirit of man lost his original godliness when the Spirit of God no longer strived with him.
• The spirit of man lost his original godliness in his knowledge of the Father and His way.
Genesis 6:3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
• The spirit man did not know he was “also flesh” until the day that he ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and their eyes were open to it all.
• The Holy Spirit of God left the spirit man when he rebelled and disobeyed God. This is where the spirit man’s transgressions began!
• Godliness is the quality or practice of conforming to the laws and desires of God; devoutness and moral uprightness
• A form of godliness is a “practiced, rehearsed, and even imitated way of mankind trying to serve God in his knowledge of good and evil through their 5-senses.
• A way that will “default” the Word of God in order for man to do the Will of God through his humanism, in other words his flesh.
• A way that would cause the spirit man to “fail to fulfill” his obligation to the Father, his Creator.
• A form of godliness is man’s way of offering to God a Cain offering; of which God has no respect. (Genesis 4:5).
• Ask yourself if God has respect for your offerings to Him from the completion of your test, trials, tribulations, sufferings, and sacrifices that are being offered up to Him to crucify your Will in order to do His Will.
• You evaluate self! Is God pleased with your offerings of sacrifice (i.e. your compromise, self-afflictions, doing things your way and considering Him afterwards, lack of knowledge of Him, etc.) to Him instead of doing His Will?
1 Samuel 15:22 And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.
• Obeying the Will of God in His Word is more important and weighty than doing what you think will please God.
• Remember obey defined here means: to comply with God’s commands and directions; submit to His authority only; carry out His command and instructions; and behave in accordance to His principles, laws, statutes, judgments, etc.
• Remember through the Word of God, God looks at and discerns the heart not what you try to show and do from a human standpoint.
• He sees the intent of your heart, not your motives (your reason for doing something, especially one that is hidden or not obvious).
• In Salvation our motives must be God’s intent!
2 Timothy 3:5, 7 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
• The verses 2-4 of 2 Timothy 3 talks about the wickedness of the heart of man in the last days.
Genesis 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
• We see these things happening right in our midst, first in self, through and in our families, our sanctuaries, on our jobs, in the public places that we attend, i.e. restaurants, grocery stores, department stores, etc.
• Living with a form of godliness that denies the power of God and His reconciling power to redeem, resurrect, and renew you from you.
• Denying the power of God as a believer is called apostasy. It is a believer’s rejection of Christ.
• This is how many believers backslide right in the House of Prayer listening to the Word of God as they suppose by picking and choosing the parts of the Gospel that they will comply, conform to, and accept.
• In other words, the part that come against the sin of what I want I will not accept because I deserve it or it’s just the way it is.
• These are believer’s that have voluntarily and consciously abandoned their faith in Christ. This is what denying the power of God is and looks like!
• Because of man’s inability and lack of the knowledge of the Spirit of God due to the loss of his authentic self, he learned and accepted and settled for the Will of man and his doings without the Spirit of God.
Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou has rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
Examples of form(s) of godliness:
• Pretending to have power and access to the power of God through your emotions that are triggered by the feelings of your flesh. That is the devil and his territory in your tripod being.
• As a believer, you display or portray no fruit to produce or manifest the Word of God when spoken by you, which is a realness that will line up with the Word of God as a sign and wonder following the Word.
• As a believer you possess no fruit that reflects your deliverance with no evidence and proof as you walk therein.
• Preaching anything and everything other than the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Kingdom of God, and His Righteousness.
• Pumping up believers that say they are in the Kingdom and serve the King to praise, worship, and honor the King of the Kingdom.
• Just knowing that you are a Kingdom citizen will prompt you from within to praise and magnify the King and His Kingdom.
• Having a knowledge of Kingdom lets the believer of the Kingdom know that your rehearsal and practices on how you are going to live in the Kingdom, react, respond, and reply to as a spirit being starts in the earth and makes it easy to transition when the time comes to actually live in the Kingdom of God.
• Preaching the Gospel is more than just telling the story’s written of others testimony and deliverances and the words and works of Jesus in the logos form, but is also the telling of your story as an overcomer, and the Gospels victory over you and it.
• Jesus has already overcome the world (St John 16:33), the flesh (Romans 8:3), and the devil for all mankind to witness that fact through your testimony of deliverances and encounters through the Word.
• We must be and become a reflection of the overcoming power of Christ in us and through the Word of God.
• Preaching the Gospel is preached, taught, and ministered from your spiritual experience and encounters with the Spirit of God’s preparation of you being perfected in Him through the Word.
• Preaching by and through a method of arousing the feelings of the “flesh” of man and not the spirit of man, his soul and emotions, better known as “hooping” is a form of godliness that will always deny the power of God.
• Being afraid of test, trials, tribulations, suffering, and sacrificing that is REQUIRED by the Word of God to process you in Salvation, but you are offended and bitter by them is ungodly.
• Compromising the Word of God through and in your carnal circumstances.
• Continuously trying to suppress the urges and desires of the lust of your flesh, while still trying to teach, preach, and minister the Gospel.
• Trying to believe in God from your system of belief viewed from UNDER your circumstances and not OVER your circumstances.
• Living over and beyond your circumstances means you have VICTORY OVER ALL.
• Without the victory we will “testalie” in order to get the approval of the flesh of man from under our circumstances, with no fruit or proof of deliverance or evidence of entering into God’s strategic plan to take you over your circumstances.
What is fruit?
• What is your fruit? As a born again believer, what fruit do you really produce?
• Your fruit will always tell who you are and whose you are.
• Jesus said by their fruit you shall know them, St Matthew 7:15-20
• Your fruit is your new character that operates only in the knowledge of the Spirit of God by the Spirit of God from the new heart that has been replaced by God (Ezekiel 36:26-27).
• Your fruit should be as the Word of God has written and comes incorporated in your new heart, Galatians 5:22-23.
• Your fruit will portray and display your deliverance and its level of deliverance, actually where you really are in your processing.
• Believers that are denying the power of God in their lives to change and transform them into new creatures will appear to be godly, but will not allow the true Gospel to have its powerful influence over and in their lives.
• An example of Ananias and Sapphira had the appearance of godliness in wanting to give to the church, but they were actually dishonest toward what they had. If they really would have allowed the powerful influence of the Spirit of God to work in their lives, they would not have been dishonest with what was already theirs. (Acts 5:1-11).
Wednesday, April 27, 2022
Apostle Tracey L Robinson. 2022 All Rights Reserved