Apostle Tracey Robinson 2022 All Rights Reserved
St Luke 9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back is fit for the kingdom of God.
• Fit means of a suitable quality, standard, or type to meet the required purpose; join or cause to join together to form a whole; to be in agreement or harmony with; match; (of an attribute, qualification, or skill) make (someone) suitable to fulfill a particular role or undertake a particular task; suitable and correct according to accepted social standards; having the requisite qualities or skills to undertake something competently.
• “Put his hand to the plough is as to touch” the Gospel in heart means: to touch the Gospel of Christ Jesus in heart and to hold fast to it by faith through the “whirlwind” of changes that you will be required to go through to be spiritually refined for His purpose.
• “Is fit for the Kingdom of God”. The Kingdom of God is spiritual! The Gospel is the Kingdom of God.
• Jesus’ first announcement was not to introduce a religion with denominations, but He introduced a kingdom. (St Matthew 4:17, St Luke 4:43).
• Jesus was sent to preach the Kingdom of God which is the ruler-ship of God. And it is the Father’s good pleasure to give to us the Kingdom.
• The Church is not the Kingdom, it represents the Kingdom.
• The Church, not the building, it is to represent the Heavenly government and its governing authority.
• Religion is so strong in its traditions and rituals that it fights the Kingdom.
• Religion actually replaces the truth with its traditions. Jesus told them that they have made the traditions of men more important than the commandments of God. This why tradition fights the Kingdom!
• True and undefiled religion in the sight of God is found in James 1:27. It says pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
• To be fit for the Kingdom of God is to grow through the spiritually refined processing designed through your persecutions, sufferings, sacrifices, etc.
• These are the very things that multiply the Kingdom in the earth through you! This is why God allows persecution!
• Religion makes you comfortable in your discomfort, and religion cannot change you.
• The Kingdom in you must be tested to prove it authenticity in you. NO CLAIM should be without test!!!
St Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! Or lo there! For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
• Let’s go back now and read the other verses St Luke 9:56-61 to clearly understand why Jesus said what He said in verse 62.
56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.
57 And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whitersoever thou goest.
58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.
59 And He said unto another, Follow Me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
• Listen at the prophecy here as Jesus spoke to him saying, “Follow Me”.
60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
• Listen to the condition of that prophecy! Your father is dead; let the dead bury their dead.
61 And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.
• Some of us are still bidding our unsaved, lukewarm relatives farewell which is the reason we cannot serve the Lord whole-heartedly in Spirit and in Truth.
• We tend to have many excuses when the call to follow Christ Jesus through God’s plan of Salvation is heard.
Romans 8:29-30 says that for whom God did foreknow (aware of you before you were born), He also predestinate (determined in advance by the divine Will of God) to be conformed (to comply with and to God’s rules, standards, and laws) to the image of His Son, that he might be the first born among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He did predestinate, them He also called (we’ve been summoned by God through His spiritual attraction and attention): and whom He called, them He also justified (declared and made righteous in God’s sight) : and whom He justified, them He also glorified (represented in such a way to appear as ordinary, but more elevated and special and made glorious in Him).
• So what really is the problem of the called out ones that have been fitted for the Gospel of Christ Jesus?
• You’ve been equipped, prepared, and made ready for this course in life.
• Let’s back up again to the verses 49-55 above verse 56 where Jesus had to rebuke James and John because of the spirit of vindictiveness that was “in them”.
• Rebuke means to express sharp disapproval or criticism of (someone) because of their behavior or actions.
• Vindictive means having or showing a strong or unreasoning desire for revenge.
• The reason for mentioning these two words is so the believers should know that if Jesus didn’t call the disciples into a separate room to correct and reprove them, or wait until all the crowd had died down and left, why should we as leaders do so?
• Why do we as new creatures growing in Christ, will be rebuked at some time or another, take it as being “church hurt” when it is truth to correct and reprove your soul? I’m just saying!
• When Jesus heard and discerned that spirit He immediately rebuked it.
• So if Jesus rebuked openly why shouldn’t we as leaders rebuke openly?
Proverbs 27:5 Open rebuke is better than secret love.
• What excuse(s) do you use daily to suppress the urge and desires of the Spirit of God in and over your life?
• What do you say to God from your heart as the reason you cannot or will not fulfill His desired purposed in you?
• So based upon the definition of “fit”, when God calls you through His spiritual attraction for you through His Son Jesus, you are called because you are: suitable; competent; able; capable; qualify; make ready; attached; united; connected; good looking; satisfactory; and in good shape (please don’t take this as being personal and physical, but is spiritual).
• Are you really fit for the Gospel of Christ Jesus? If so, are you upholding its Will, Way, and Standards?
• Being conditioned for the Gospel is a lifelong process for soul that will take all the years of your life remaining, for your soul to be converted to the transforming and conforming power of the Word of God that is designed to take you back to your spiritual originality.
• Out of all of your life’s rehearsal that has been given to us all on a daily basis is designed to condition you/us to be fit for the Gospel of Christ Jesus and not be a half-hearted member or follower.
• Satan’s job through his many characters is to kill, steal, and destroy your soul as the devil, your adversary, the destroyer, the prince of this world, serpent, the tempter, and the wicked one will “tempt” you to test you, to see whether your commitment to God and your resolve (to decide firmly on a course of action in your new life) to your new life are intact and strong in the Christ.
• And the only key to whipping the devil and defeating him is to “Submit you your whole self to God”. (James 4:7)
• The more truth that Jesus leads you into, the less Satan has control over you.
• The less you know in knowledge and in truth, the more control Satan has over you.
• The people or leaders that are preaching and teaching what they understand in their own independence and imitation from others, and not in Spirit and in Truth gives Satan power over your soul.
• Satan’s strength and power over souls is fueled by the ignorance in their lives.
• The only power that he has is your ignorance (lack of knowledge and information), which stems from your rebelling and rejection of Truth and doing it your way and how you feel.
Wednesday, August 10, 2022