Apostle Tracey Robinson, 2022 Copy Right
Psalm 14:2 The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
- It is a terrible and hard struggle to give up your own Will and its way to the Will and Way of the Spirit of God, your Creator and Father; to seek knowledge and understanding of Him.
- Therefore, God must have your “whole self” and not the partial bits and pieces that we want to give Him from our view and method of “surrendering all”.
- When we speak of the natural man, we speak of his state of being carnal, concerned only with one’s own self, own body, its gratification, need and desires. This is the physical man, and his desires which causes anger, hatred, sadness, bitterness, etc., toward God and you.
- The natural man, your natural man is spiritually blind, spiritually ignorant, lacks spiritual knowledge and understanding, and is “rebellious” toward any truth and all truth that pertains to the knowledge of God.
- The natural man, your natural man is carnal, rebellious, disobedient, and rejects the Will of God because of the nature of his flesh.
- When Adam and Eve sinned against God, they lost their image (which means nature) of God and His covering in the knowledge of good and truth over them to take on another nature (image) that is now of the knowledge of good and evil and is of the serpentine spirit of Satan.
- The name serpent is one of Satan’s characters.
1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
- The Word of God teaches us that the “flesh nature” of the spirit man is an enemy to God.
- The Word of God teaches us that when we walk after the flesh, we only mind the things of the flesh, but if we walk after the Spirit, we do mind the things of the Spirit. Romans 8:5.
- The Word of God also teaches us that the “flesh nature” is carnal minded, worldly, and is God’s enemy, for it is not subject to the Law of God and neither can it be, know, or do. Romans 8:6-7.
- The Word of God goes on to say that they or we that are in the flesh and its nature cannot please God. Romans 8:8.
- God knows from your hearts view when you have been transformed from the flesh nature back to His image, after their likeness.
What is spiritual discernment?
- Spiritual discernment is Wisdom. Two separate gifts that work well together.
- Discernment is discrimination; the ability to judge well; acuteness of judgment and understanding; in Christian contexts perception in the absence of judgment with a view to obtaining spiritual guidance and understanding; being able to grasp and comprehend what is obscure.
- Discernment is a spiritual gift given by God through the indwelling of the Holy Ghost possessing you to help you as a new creature to reach the best decision in Him, comply to it and act on it. 1 Corinthians 12:10.
- The Word of God and some other translations may use another word (synonyms) like wisdom, understanding, discretion, prudence, testing, and sensing. These words used signifies that the subject is discernment.
- Spiritual discernment is a skill of being able to perceive through the senses at a spiritual level or from another dimension or as Heaven sees.
- The purpose and use of spiritual discernment is to be able to determine through the guidance of the Holy Spirit what information serves you as well as what you serve to others spiritually.
- This gift is so necessary and important in the life and journey of every new creature in you and his development, as you connect with the Father in relationship.
- The new creature in you must obtain and maintain a spiritual perception with a spiritual orientation and understanding.
- Your practice of this gift and its perfection in you will only come from the teachings of the Lord through His Word on how to hear and distinguish the difference between good and evil.
- Man cannot teach you how to spiritually discern. Man cannot instruct you on how to do and operate in the gifts of God according to God’s order and pleasures.
- Spiritual discernment is the Grace of God to see into the unseen or unknown and to correctly perceive, and to rightly divide that which you see and hear spiritually by the Spirit of God.
- You and I can have all the gifts, part of the gifts, or just one gift but without love they profit you nothing.
- Spiritual Love is the greatest!
1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not, every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of god; because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
- The times we are living in today requires spiritual knowledge, spiritual understanding, and spiritual wisdom to be able to know things in the Spirit as you deal with and are around spirits.
- To try the spirit is to know the confession of every spirit and if that spirit is confessing that Jesus the Christ came in the flesh. 1 John 4:2-3.
- Try means to make an attempt or effort to do something; visit, test, or do (something new or different) in order to see if it is suitable, effective, or pleasant.
- It is not whether they say they know God or Jesus, but it is their confession that will try their spirit. Even if they lie, then you should know them also by the fruit they bear whether it is of Christ or the devil.
- When we make the confession of Christ it tries your spirit.
- When you begin to speak with people your first question should be what is your confession if they are a believer?
- A new convert must hear about Christ so that they will have to make a choice to make a confession of Christ as Lord and Savior or not.
- Spiritual discernment will allow you to recognize and know the false manipulative actions of their Will toward you.
- What is their motive verses God’s intent for you?
- What is the nature of their spirit?
- You will be able to recognize their confession when teachings are from the Spirit of God through the individual or persons speaking; or if it is Satan; or if it is being taught from a human perspective and not a spiritual perception.
- Satan deceives believers because they don’t know how to distinguish between good and truth from what is legal, lawful, and acceptable in the Kingdom of Heaven; instead, they will try to discern through their 5-sense knowledge of good and evil incorporated through their flesh to understand the Will of God and His people.
- Spirit discernment active in a child of God will allow them to know their family members that are wearing the mask of deceit along with their motives against you and your spiritual growth in Christ.
- Do you possess spiritual discernment?
- In your prayer ask God for a heart of spiritual discernment, to be able to distinguish His voice from the voice of the world, the flesh, and the devil.
- We should be able to discern the spirits of each other through our spiritual senses and not our carnal flesh.
- Only the Spirit of the Lord can heighten your 5-senses through the Holy Ghost to discern all spirits with love through the knowledge of good and truth.
- The first spiritual sense is hearing by the ear, and we know according to the Word that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God, Romans 10:17. We should also have an experience of hearing the Word.
- The Word will bring in experiences and bring you into experiences.
- The spiritual sense of hearing is to have an affection for truth and will awaken the soul and bring him to life in Christ.
- It is through the spiritual sense of hearing that we have a willing desire, a wanting, and a longing to have the things of God.
- Spiritual things cannot be discerned through the physical senses.
Hebrews 4:12-13 12 For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in His sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.
Solomon asked for a heart of spiritual discernment, 1 Kings 3:3-15
3 And Solomon loved the Lord, walking in the statutes of David his father: only he sacrificed and burnt incense in high places.
4 And the King went to Gibeon to sacrifice there; for that was the great high place: a thousand burnt offerings did Solomon offer upon that alter.
5 In Gibeon the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give thee.
6 And Solomon said, Thou hast shewed unto thy servant David my father great mercy, according as he walked before thee in truth, and in righteousness, and in uprightness of heart with thee; and thou hast kept for him this great kindness, that thou hast given him a son to sit on his throne, as it is this day.
7 And now, O Lord my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in.
8 And thy servant is in the midst of thy people which thou hast chosen, a great people, that cannot be numbered nor counted for multitude.
9 Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?
10 And the speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing.
11 And God said unto him, Because thou hast asked this thing, and hast not asked for thyself long life; neither hast asked riches for thyself, nor hast asked the life of thine enemies; but hast asked for thyself understanding to discern judgment;
12 Behold, I have done according to thy words: lo, I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart; so that there was none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee.
13 And I have also given thee that which thou hast not asked, both riches, and honour: so that there shall not be any among the kings like unto thee all thy days.
14 And if thou wilt walk in my ways, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as thy father David did walk, then I will lengthen thy days.
15 And Solomon awoke; and behold, it was a dream. And he came to Jerusalem, and stood before the ark of the covenant of the Lord, and offered up burnt offerings, and offered peace offerings, and made a feast to all his servants.
- Because Solomon did not ask for temporal riches, he didn’t ask God to kill all his enemies, he didn’t ask for long life, but he asked to be able to honor God as his father David did and for a wise and understanding heart to be able to judge God’s chosen people discerning between good and evil.
- A wise and understanding heart is a hearing heart.
- Jesus could perceive the heart of all men.
- Paul exercised the gift of discernment in the Book of Acts 16:16-18 when he cast out the spirit of divination.
Isaiah 11:3-5 3 And shall make Him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of His eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of His ears: 4 But with righteousness shall He judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and He shall smite the earth with the rod of His mouth, and with the breath of His lips shall He slay the wicked. 5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of His loins, and faithfulness the girdle of His reins.
Wednesday, September 28, 2022